freakyred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i have an edge w/ OS 1.4
yesterday i put a game in it but when i open with my ds the game's there when i see w/ moonshell
but when i go to games/homebrew the game doesnt appear, WTF?
hate2.gif

freakyred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i put in a harvest moon island of happiness and mario kart ds, both have .nds extension
yes, i did extract the file first

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
freakyred said:
yes i did try that too but still it doesn't show up

This'll probably sound like a stupid question but have you put them in folders and are you going into the right folder when browsing on the DS?

freakyred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i didnt put them into folders.. does it have to be put in folder? because most of my games arent in folder but they show up..

Ahua_Keren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Your Problem just look like mine.

Here is my step by step solution :

1. Format your SD with PC, pick FAT32, do not quick format. ( to check if there is SD's faulty )

2. If format is OK, then copy the EDGE file folder to the SD root.

3. Try to boot your NDS, if you can see EDGE's menu or boot Moonshell, then your EDGE OS is OK ( To verify EDGE OS corrupted or not).

4. Now to copy games, there is two method :
Note : Be sure to extract the game correctly, if you downloaded split ZIP/RAR, they must be unzipped correctly! otherwise the game could not start, even you see there is *.nds extension.

Method A
-Just copy the game to the SD root. ( eg. G:\Ouendan.nds )
-Game can be listed maximum 127 games, more than that, your game is missing on the list. ( EDGE OS limitation).

Method B
-Make a new folder and put it on SD root. ( eg. G:\Funny Games\Ouendan.nds )
-You can make many folders as you like.
-Each folder can only store maximum 127 games, more than that, your game is missing on the list. ( EDGE OS limitation).
-Rare case: if you put the *.nds on the SD root beside the games folder, all created games folder will be missing too. sometimes homebrew will do the same thing.

Mine is 8GB too, sandisk brand. no problem till now, combined with EZ 3in1 and the SD almost full because creating *.sav too much
smile.gif

tKo HaXoR

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
this happened to me just now!! ARGH!! Added Disgaea and it did not appear! WTF!! Got a new 4GB SDHC Class 4
biggrin.gif
Traded my bro the Class 6 for his Class 4 and an Extra 2 GB regular SD Card. Hm.. might be the memory card though. Will trade back if the SD is corrupted.

Edit: Never mind, it had bad clusters! Fixed with Defrag, re-added files and presto! Thanks anyways
smile.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ahua_Keren said:
-Game can be listed maximum 127 games, more than that, your game is missing on the list. ( EDGE OS limitation).

127 game limit is not a card limitation its a FAT/ROOT limitation its the same with ALL flash cards!

put them in folders or groups example .... 120 games in folder A 120 games in folder B etc etc
smile.gif

this will be why they NOW WORK
smile.gif

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Ahua_Keren had it correct...

224 in FAT12
512 in FAT16 (65,534 files/directories in any single subfolder)
no limit in FAT32 and NTFS (FAT32 has a 268,435,437 limit in a single subfolder)

FAT16 system uses 32 sectors of 512 bytes each to store the root directory. This limits the size of the root directory on a hard disk to 512 entries.

LONG but excellent read about FAT here: http://www.answers.com/topic/file-allocation-table

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...