Homebrew Problem with DIOS MIOS

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
then it means you had DIOS MIOS working with a drive formated in 64KiB cluster size.
But other users reported it as non working, and Crediar wouldn't say that it requires to be 32KiB if 64KiB worked fine.

I can make the USBloader's messages as Warning instead of Errors. user will have the message every time but can decide to launch the game anyway.

element73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand why users would report it as not working. It can take 10-13 sec to load a GC game, and before realizing this, I thought it was not working after trying about 10 times. I tried being patient and was rewarded with success. Sometimes it doesn't load, but in most cases, it does load fine.

I'm using a 500GB hdd, so its ok for me. EaseUS allows me to partition and resize those partitions any time. I use about 220GB, so I have enough empty space to format a separate partition and transfer my files there. You don't need to make a warning message. But if you decide to do so, you should make an option to disable the warning message.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It is clearly written in DM's Wiki:

"Only cluster sizes 32KB or less are supported."

Well, you may argue it is not supported but with luck, it worked for you (and you are the only one ever reported 64K working).
But if it was easy to convert to 32K, why risk running into other problems with an unsupported feature?

element73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had any problems with 64kb so far except for the ones I mentioned above. I switched to 32kb cluster size. Took me 3 tries to run Mario Kart double dash. This is the same issue I experienced with 64kb cluster. I runned a few more GC games after that with only 1 try. For some reason I sometimes experiences issues in the beginning. Not sure why.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using DIOS-MIOS (not lite) on a 1TB FAT 32 formatted drive (32K clusters). I run everything from HD and don't have an SD inserted.

I was previously able to run using DML on an SD card but wanted to see them all from USB.

When I run them from WiiFlow it takes a few moments and reboots the Wii. When I run them from HBC/DIOS-MIOS Booter it does the same.

I know I must be missing something simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you mean it's long to reboot the Wii to launch the Wii in GameCube Mode ?
or do you mean it launch the gameCube mode, then it's long to do anything, then the Wii reboots to System menu/HBC ?

If it's the former:
I guess even if it's long to boot the game, but it still work, then it's fine.
So, it should be the second problem.

If it's the later:
- usually, DIOS MIOS switch off the Wii if something goes wrong, it doesn't reboot the console.
- Try reinstalling BC V6 and DIOS MIOS v2.10
- Connect the drive in port 0 (if port 0 is not detected after few seconds, it tried port1. So connect it in port0 will speed the HDD detection)
- Do you see the DIOS MIOS Splash screen or not at all ?
- If there's no Splash screen it means DIOS MIOS couldn't mount the drive/partition.
- If there's a splash screen but doesn't work, there's usually an error message displayed by DM which help determine the problem.
- Verify that your drive is 512Byte per sector, not 4096 (at least usbloaderGX 1213+ has a HDD and partition format/type detection, I don't know if other loaders have too).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...