Problem With ChickHEN R2/MS Pro Duo 8GB

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Spartan117H3, May 25, 2009.

May 25, 2009
  1. Spartan117H3
    OP

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a PSP 3000 and I used to be able to run ChickHEN R2 with ChickHENa.gif and the slim.tiff in the memory stick\PICTURE folder and the h.bin in the Memory Stick Root. After I turned off my PSP today and turned it back on, I couldn't re-load ChickHEN like I normally could. Now all it does is freeze or have the Tiff image show. I've also tried formatting my memory stick, now it even has problems, I put it in my Windows XP computer and it says invalid path or whatever when I try to copy files to it. So I then put it on my Windows Vista PC, format it, and put it back on my XP computer. My XP computer says that the Memory stick hasn't been formatted yet. I then put it in my PSP and format it, the same thing happens on the XP computer. I believe it's a Memory Stick problem, not with ChickHEN itself.. Any ideas? Is there any third party formatter?

2. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Try using USB Mode to copy files to your card. What I did was put all my pictures into one folder and then ChickHENa, b, c, d, e, f, and slim.tiff into a ChickHEN folder. I let the thumbnail of the Backgrounds folder load, and then I pressed right to go into the ChickHEN folder. From there, I scroll down to the bottom quickly and press left to get out of it, then I alternate right, up, up, down, down, left in a fairly fast rhythm. It works for me 8 times out of 10.

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Is it a fake memory stick?

4. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    I mean I've gotten into ChickHEN before, it just started having problems yesterday after turning my PSP off. All I did was have it in the root of the PICTURE folder, and access it, and scroll down and it worked 100 percent for me. It's an official Sony memory stick, Black, 8GB Memory stick PRO Duo and has the Magic gate logo on it.

5. xist

United Kingdom
    Just because it has a logo doesn't mean it's genuine...you need to check in your PSP. And by it's very nature the HEN isn't 100% so it may just be a try, and try again, resolution.

6. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    Weird since I've had 100 percent success so far, anyways, how do you check if it's genuine in your PSP?

7. xist

United Kingdom
    Go to the Memory Stick and hit the Triangle button, then check Magic Gate Support. It' not 100% as only speeds will give a true indicator but it's close enough.

8. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    It says MagicGate™ Supported.

9. xist

United Kingdom
    Keep trying to load it then. As i said earlier, it's a random exploit.

10. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I am, I also noticed that whenever you open the picture on PC, it's a different image depending on what you use to open it. Any reason why my Memory card suddenly stopped reading on my Windows XP computer?