PTKnight13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hiya~

Recently, about 3 weeks ago, I bricked my Wii with a bad wad and I had no preloader or bootmii installed, only the HBC.
Apparently the only thing I could do was to get a modchip and autoboot a disc to directly access the Wad manager channel.
Well, I got the Drivekey for it and used this http://www.ps3news.com/Nintendo-Wii/univer...r-nintendo-wii/ to attempt to autoboot the Universal unbrick disc v2 on a FW4.0, I turn on the wii and go into recovery mode by pressing all 4 Dpads on a GC control and then in the corner it shows the Wii version with a black screen, so then I insert the burned disc (burned with imgburn) disc starts spinning and then stops and nothing happens, I tried different methods, but I guess my problem is that I can't autoboot at all. I already burn the disc about 5 times and made no difference, anyone knows what the problem could be?

PTKnight13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Currently I'm using TDK 1-16x speed DVD-R
I also tried to burn a Wii game to autoboot it after pressing the A on the health warning screen but that didnt work either. x_x

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be your disc, Or your problem could be that your on 4.0 and 4.0 doesn't like autobooting trucha signed disc without hacks previously installed. That Universal Unbrick Disc your Using sounds like a Joke to me, Has anyone actually read about it in the above link, it says its works without a Mod-Chip Without cioscorp and without preloader hacks is this some kind of lame joke

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
I'd burn a disc with wad manager or anytitle deleter on it. I know there was a way to do so...Hell if I can remember how right now.

This. I'm pretty sure those universal unbrick discs are really old and meant for firmware 3.2 anyway.

PTKnight13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also tried some wad manager autoboots that were out there but they weren't working either, I read somewhere that a person on 3.2 had the same problem and wouldn't autoboot and someone hexed the iso for him and it worked, although if I knew how hexing would work, I'd try that out with a recent autoboot wad manager. lol, I have no idea what to do right now =.=

PTKnight13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did it through Wifi, over Nintendo's official update, after that I remember installing the bannerbomb so I could install HBC, I think it did some kind of downgrade but I'm not sure how it worked, its 4.0 right now though.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PTKnight13 said:
I did it through Wifi, over Nintendo's official update, after that I remember installing the bannerbomb so I could install HBC, I think it did some kind of downgrade but I'm not sure how it worked, its 4.0 right now though.

Then you're wasting your time with any autoboot disc, cause all of them are trucha signed and sense the trucha bug was patched on your Wii's system menu IOS with the official update None of them will work. As of right now i know of no way you can fix your Wii.

Only way possible to fix your Wii is to wait for the SMB Brawl hack, and then download the DVD9 Version Brawl not scrubbed or trucha signed, then use the program bootme, on the ISO and set it to autoboot, Setting a Game to autoboot doesn't trucha sign it so the game will boot, and if the brawl hacks works without using any previously installed hacks you could in theory use that to unbrick yourself but like i said this may work but only in theory. cause i'm not 100% sure how the brawl hacks works cause it hasn't been released.

PTKnight13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright I understand, I heard of this Brawl hack so I think I'll wait on that, by the way, for now there wouldn't be any possible way to autoboot games and skip the Wii menu then? Could be a temporarly solution to play games unless only the Brawl hack will be able to autoboot and bypass the official Nintendo update then I guess I'll just wait, thanks a lot by the way.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PTKnight13 said:
Alright I understand, I heard of this Brawl hack so I think I'll wait on that, by the way, for now there wouldn't be any possible way to autoboot games and skip the Wii menu then? Could be a temporarly solution to play games unless only the Brawl hack will be able to autoboot and bypass the official Nintendo update then I guess I'll just wait, thanks a lot by the way.

Yes you could download full game ISO's not trucha signed, and use the program bootme on it to set it to autoboot and load the games through your recovery menu while your waiting

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, what if he replaced the main.dol file on a wii game, with wad manager's .dol.? Does wii scrubber always trucha sign isos?

Sorry if that is a dumb question, I haven't used wii scrubber all that much.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
Hmm, what if he replaced the main.dol file on a wii game, with wad manager's .dol.? Does wii scrubber always trucha sign isos?

Sorry if that is a dumb question, I haven't used wii scrubber all that much.

Yea any change like that to a ISO would require it to be trucha signed?

PTKnight13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to tell if an ISO is not trucha signed? I was just trying for fun an ISO and patched it with Autoboot creator 1.0 to inserted that into my wii but the only thing that happened is that the Wii version in the corner disappeared and screen remains black, disc is still spinning. I tried this in recovery mode.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off use this program for setting games to autoboot, To use it go to your command prompt and go to the same directory has the bootme program make sure the ISO is in the same folder and type this in the command prompt
BootMe game.iso a

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_BootMe

Second question i'm not 100% sure how to tell if a ISO is trucha signed, if its Homebrew you know its trucha signed, if its a game i'm unsure how to tell

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i was reading through the posts on this, im still wondering why my wii wont recognize dvd-r's. it can only read dvd+r's and i am concerned about the laser. I have been using usb right now, but i still would like mine to read dvd-r's less headache and stress on the lens of my wii.

any ideas? or are some just that way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U