Country
United States
Using:

NDSL - Original condition
DSTT - firmware v1.08
Ewin EZ 3-in-1 Expansion Pack
Rudolph's 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool v1.9d

Problem:

Every game I load returns the same error: "SRAM save data not found Can't backup to SAV file (A): Confirm"

I have played up to a save point on Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Star Wars Trilogy - Apprentice of the Force, Super Street Fighter II X Revival, and Metal Slug Advance all in PSRAM Mode. After resetting the DS and going back to a game, I get the same error message. Once the game is started, there is no save data, as if I had never saved at all in the first place.

I have patched a number of these games with GBATA's SRAM Patcher, but get the same results.

In case it matters, I have set up the SoftReset.TTIO file and set the 3in1 .nds file soft reset to "ON." Other than the save problem, everything I've played on the 3-in-1 works flawlessly. I can also use the rumble perfectly, as well as use the RAM expansion with the Opera Browser (E).

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Every game I load returns the same error: "SRAM save data not found Can't backup to SAV file (A): Confirm"
The 3in1 ExpPack Tool keeps its info about which games the current saves go with in a certain part of the SRAM. If that info is missing when you start the 3in1 ExpPack Tool, you get that error. It simply means that the program doesn't know which file to write the current save data to.

It's most likely caused by a dead SRAM battery. You could test it by writing a game to NOR, then using the 3-in-1 like a normal GBA game pak (i.e. take out the slot 1 cart and start the 3-in-1 from the DS menu). You must SRAM patch the game unless it already uses an SRAM save type.

If the game loses it's saves when you turn the power off even when the slot 1 cart isn't plugged in, it's definitely a problem with the 3-in-1.

GodMedia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep, tried it like you suggested and the save still gets lost. I'll have to take it back to my retailer later this week.

Thank you so much for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: