Hacking Problem with 1.9G upgrade

mikilol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, I have a problem with updating my wiikey to 1.9G, i downloaded the update then burned it on a DVD then i putted it in my wii after i dit that, a gamecube icon showed up, so i pushed on begin ,Then suddenly a bleu screen came and my wii reseted automaticly. so i tought it was a bad burn, then i burned it again and i had the same problem again so maybe its a bad config or else i dont know what can you please help me? i tried downloading it from the wiikey.cn site but i cant get on it
ty

mikilol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hmmmm k , because my mate said maybe i had to instal 1.2b firts because i have 3.1 on my wii, but then again i cant find 1 that works :s

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this:
Update to 3.1U -> Install WiiKey -> Upgrade WiiKey to 1.9g -> Run GCOS'd Config Disc 1.3 (and enabled region override). I'm told to do the SMG update next, which I'll do when it finishes d/l'ing.

I was able to run the 1.9g upgrade disc with 3.1U without doing anything special (it was a prepadded 1.4gb iso image).

Sadifn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few questions:

1) Do you need to update previous patches onto Wiikey first before you update 1.9g?

2) Do you burn the 1.9g update on CD or DVD?

And right now, I burnt it on CD and DVD, my Wii is version 3.1U already before I try updating it with 1.9g, but the update doesn't seem to work, just keep saying, unable to read the disk...

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unable to read the disc could mean you have a bad connection, or the disc isnt proper.
burn the update to a DVD.
get the update disc that is padded to 1.4gb.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you don't have to do earlier updates first. and if you download the wiikey.cn update there is an exe file right in there to pad it. but try to run what you have already on GCOS.
Note: the wii will NOT read any cd-based media, ONLY dvd.

Sadifn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ha....what's GCOS....lol never encountered this update problem before O_O like the Metroid Prime trick (what's that?) haha

and the wiikey.cn site is still down....so which update are you talking about?

I already burnt the US version of the 1.9g update on DVD, but my Wii still can't read the disc....

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use this...

WiiKey 1.9g Update Disc:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/597460
(see: "Padded files for those who are Filechop-challenged", halfway down first post.)

Then...
WiiKey 1.3 Setup Disc, modded with GCOS:
http://psx-scene.com/forums/wiikey/59745-g...onfig-disc.html
(see: "GCOS Versions Of The Wiikey 1.3 Config Disc", first post.)

.. I've used both of these discs successfully in my 3.1U (USA/NTSC) Wii with the WiiKey.
I updated straight to 1.9g (I didnt go to 1.9b first).
I enabled region override using the GCOS'd 1.3 Setup Disc.
Everything works great.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When I updated my Wiikey to 1.9g, I never even had to pad the 1.9g update file. I just burned the 32mb file to a 4.7gb Verbatim -R DVD using ImgBurn @ 1x speed. Never had an issue. What type of media are you using and are you burning at a low speed as well? Treat the update the same way as a game backup when burning and you should have no issues.

~ Fitzy ~

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I updated my Wiikey to 1.9g, I never even had to pad the 1.9g update file. I just burned the 32mb file to a 4.7gb Verbatim -R DVD using ImgBurn @ 1x speed. Never had an issue. What type of media are you using and are you burning at a low speed as well? Treat the update the same way as a game backup when burning and you should have no issues.

~ Fitzy ~

I burned 1.9g straight to disc unpadded and it didn't load.
All my backups are on Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD+R media, burned at 8x on a Lite-On drive.
About two days of heavy playing of different games, and not a single DRE's yet.

Slim chance my first burn was a bad burn? Bad image? Random chance?

Sadifn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohhh it worked lol thx kai!

actually it turned out that I just have to burn the update at a slower speed -.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night