Problem using emunand with homebrew at 9.2

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Pikar0, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Pikar0
    OP

Pikar0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    I just downgraded my 2ds to 9.2 and for installing luma3ds im following the steps to install it, i enter at homebrew i click a at Emunand9UI and it doesnt go to any menu it just seems loading and after 4 - 5 seconds just go a red screen and go again to homebrew so i cant do so much, i have tried many times and i dont know what to do if need a video to see it tell me ty i dont know what to do

2. DavidRO99

DavidRO99 Average Ryzen user.

Jun 11, 2016
    Korea, North
    your back-door
    Try alot

3. SimplyFedorable

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    did you follow a video guide?

4. Pikar0
    OP

Pikar0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    i have tried like 100 times to enter in emunand and still not working i have tried other app like tinyformat or menuhax and it works, will keep trying

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

yes i did

5. SimplyFedorable

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    do you have any files on the root of your sd card that came from the emunand9 release?

was it this one?

6. Pikar0
    OP

Pikar0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    thats the files i have in my sd maybe i have a not uptaded emunand idk i installed in my brother 3ds and it worked mine is 2ds dont know

i followed this one :D i want a CF to play pokemon and online dont know if i need it or there is other way

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      21.6 KB
      Views:
  7. SimplyFedorable

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    remove all emunand 9 files from your sd card, and get the newest release. Put only the 3ds folder in your sd card. If that doesn't work use this guide.

8. Pikar0
    OP

Pikar0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    where cani download emunand9 last release?

edit : this one?

Last edited by Pikar0, Aug 17, 2016
  9. SimplyFedorable

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
  10. Pikar0
    OP

Pikar0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    tried it but keep not opening will try the guide that u gave me to me i dont know if i did something bad at downgrading or something but it seems working normally and not errors

11. SimplyFedorable

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    you probably didn't get a bad downgrade. Follow the guide, and it will work. If you need it in another language, I can find it for you probably. This guide has been translated many times

12. Pikar0
    OP

Pikar0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    im from spain and my native language is spanish but im okay with the english so np and thanks u so much! btw before start that guide should i format all my sd card?

13. SimplyFedorable

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    Yes, you should. You don't need to, but it is advised

if you have any games from the eshop on your sysnand, be sure to copy your "Nintendo 3ds" folder to your desktop and after you format, put it back on your sd card

pm me if you have any other questions

14. Pikar0
    OP

Pikar0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    im at the step
    Open EmuNAND9 (This can sometimes take a few tries - if you still can't get it to work after quite a few, you can rerun the downgrade to make sure everything worked properly)

maybe i should try rerun the downgrade? just like if i were in another version to go 9.2 i stillcant open emunand

15. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Did your console crash during the downgrade? It sounds like you have a partial downgrade.

16. Pikar0
    OP

Pikar0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    its possible i wasnt watching at it when i saw it it was rebooted if that happened what should i do? try to downgrade again?

EDIT : my bro told me he rebooted it after see a crash screen but he went on console and it was 9.2 so he though it was fine, did i brick the console? or i can try to make another downgrade to see if it works, i think that the partial downgrade is the most possible thing

EDIT 2: or maybe try to uptade it and then downgrading it again, im a little lost xD

Last edited by Pikar0, Aug 17, 2016
  17. Gamer4647

Gamer4647 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2016
    With a partial downgrade, you just need to run the downgrade homebrew to finish replacing files that weren't replaced the first time

18. Pikar0
    OP

Pikar0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    Ok i will try to make the downgrade again ty all so much u are so kind i fell so stjpid xD

19. Gamer4647

Gamer4647 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2016
    Also, a little note from another guide here:

All variations of sysUpdater, not just PlaiSysUpdater, has a very small chance of causing a "soft brick" once the downgrade is complete and the device reboots. This will cause the system to boot directly to the Nintendo error screen instructing users to power off the device.

The reason for this is unknown, but can be prevented by performing a system format before downgrading. It seems to happen very often on systems with ambassador status or who have DSiWare installed.

Once this error happens, it can only be fixed by using recovery mode (A + R + L + Up on the D-Pad) to update to the latest system version.

Last edited by Gamer4647, Aug 17, 2016
  20. Pikar0
    OP

Pikar0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    United States
    i did a redowngrade and emunand seems working fine ty all if i have any error i will tell u Ty all