Hacking Problem updating R4iGold from r4ids.cn, Revision C

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
it's Chinese new year?..so when would it be a good time to send it?

considering the way you have spoken on this forum im surprised anyone has chosen to help you.

send it anytime as the post will be working by the time it gets there
it will be over 2 months before you get your card back you know

w00th00t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can send the flashcard by letter which is incredibly easy and you get a free replacement. It will take a long time but better than having a useless card.

Would they replace mine even though I didn't buy from them? Or would they check records and whatnot? I actually can't REMEMBER who I bought mine from but I know it wasn't them...

EDIT: Correction, I finally found my sales email. I bought mine from realhotstuff back in September. They wouldn't be willing to replace it... would they...?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Would they replace mine even though I didn't buy from them? Or would they check records and whatnot? I actually can't REMEMBER who I bought mine from but I know it wasn't them...

EDIT: Correction, I finally found my sales email. I bought mine from realhotstuff back in September. They wouldn't be willing to replace it... would they...?

they do say "You have to ship back to us the older flashcard R4ids.cn REV. C with metroid logo"
so assumption is you had to have purchased it from them also
as your shipping Back to them something they shipped you

w00th00t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they do say "You have to ship back to us the older flashcard R4ids.cn REV. C with metroid logo"
I understand that I'd have to ship it back, but they never make mention of including proof of purchase. Hence my question.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

w00th00t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well just an update from me. Even though I got my card back in September, I managed to get in touch with Real Hot Stuff and they said they would replace my card if I pay the $3 shipping. And they're located in NJ, so it shouldn't take eons to get my replacement. Awesome customer service!

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Well just an update from me. Even though I got my card back in September, I managed to get in touch with Real Hot Stuff and they said they would replace my card if I pay the $3 shipping. And they're located in NJ, so it shouldn't take eons to get my replacement. Awesome customer service!
Thats great service, even though its not their fault its rather generous of them to replace it for you

ERVIER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just received 2 new cards ( still c batch ) One with a Konami Icon and the other one with again a Dorasu Icon ( the third version ) this Dorasu icon is not showed on their own site-list.

Attachments

• P2160200ED.JPG
    P2160200ED.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 174

generic_1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's great to hear. I bought mine from them at the end of July but didn't bother to contact them in hopes that an update would be released. I never would think they would just offer to replace it. If I may ask, how did you phrase your correspondence with them to get them to offer to exchange it? I figure I have nothing to lose at this point!

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just received 2 new cards ( still c batch ) One with a Konami Icon and the other one with again a Dorasu Icon ( the third version ) this Dorasu icon is not showed on their own site-list.
This(RevC with Dorasu Icon ) can also support 3DS4.5.0-10 & NDSi V1.4.5

w00th00t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great to hear. I bought mine from them at the end of July but didn't bother to contact them in hopes that an update would be released. I never would think they would just offer to replace it. If I may ask, how did you phrase your correspondence with them to get them to offer to exchange it? I figure I have nothing to lose at this point!

"Some time ago I purchased an R4i Gold from you, but recently I've discovered that the card is faulty from the manufacturer and will no longer update while corrected versions of the same card work just fine. Other sales services have been replacing returned R4i Gold cards and I was wondering if you would be willing to do the same."

Then they replied asking for my order number and we moved on from there.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

yep. mine has the metroid logo and it bought from them too....

received?...from a refund??

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh ill just keep mine. Only paid 10$ for it anyway, can still use on my DSL. Ill just buy an SCDS2 later if it stays unblocked. Not many DS games I want to play and don't own now anyway

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh ill just keep mine. Only paid 10$ for it anyway, can still use on my DSL. Ill just buy an SCDS2 later if it stays unblocked. Not many DS games I want to play and don't own now anyway
Yeah, im in the same boat, I'll be happy if they do actually update the card, until then it will live in my DS Phat..

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So at this point I guess there is no hope of these bad Rev C's getting an update to pass the latest block right. Any news? They still working on it? Has it been deemed impossible?

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
So at this point I guess there is no hope of these bad Rev C's getting an update to pass the latest block right. Any news? They still working on it? Has it been deemed impossible?
Theres no point, even if they do get it working, the spring update for the 3DS will probably block it again, its not worth anyones time

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like they have a new hardware version that supports real time save now too. I think that makes it even more likely these older cards won't be worked on.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Looks like they have a new hardware version that supports real time save now too. I think that makes it even more likely these older cards won't be worked on.

yes because it being one of the only cards that can actually use the RTS feature of wood
pretty sure its been in the pipe line for a while due to YWG adding it to wood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT