Problem Undub Games

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by LilTennyo, Apr 6, 2009.

Apr 6, 2009

Problem Undub Games by LilTennyo at 3:05 AM (933 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. LilTennyo
    OP

Newcomer LilTennyo Newbie

United States
    Im sorry if this is in the wrong place but it is dealing with undub games. I got a cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat from gbatemp but i realized that all the games that are undub does not have the cheats. I opened the files and i saw that the game was in the cheat so i was wondering if anyone knows how to put cheats in for undub games or it just cant be done.

THanks

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    A properly undubbed game will be nearly indistinguishable from the original and even a badly done one should not change as far as cheats are concerned.

My question then is how are you undubbing the games?
    It should just be a simple swap the files, if the game does not work it is usually because of ndstool (which DSlazy and DSbuff are frontends for), have a read http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=129717

3. LilTennyo
    OP

Newcomer LilTennyo Newbie

United States
    thats what i thot, there shouldnt be a difference in the game id

to answer your question. I dont undub games myself. I get it from people who have done the undub themselves.
    I took a look at that link. Havent heard of DSlazy or DSbuff

4. N-TG

Member N-TG GBAtemp Fan

Greece
    This is also a problem for me....
    The games I undub my self works fine...put there are some undub games I found online and got them the cheats doesn't show up...

I am using r4 (original) and also YsMenu and they doesn't show up...
    Is there any way to change the Id number or something like that...or better do the undub my self in order to work ok?

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Undubbing is really simple to do for the most part so I would do that, if you want you should be able to take the sound from the premade version.

This cheats failing to work thing intrigues me, I see no sane way for things to break cheats.

6. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Modifying the game in any way, even with undubbing changes the Game ID of the game so cheats won't won't show up for it until you manually change the game ID in the cheat file.