Hacking Problem starting Backuploader 0.3 beta

Erchino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I have a USA Wii, version 3.0 or something. I followed these exact steps...
1. put all necessary files in sd card.
2. install twilight hack.
3. install homebrew channel through twilight hack.
4. install new cios through homebrew channel.
5. install divx in ios 249
7. install backuploader .3 beta.wad through wad manager.
8. insert game, than run backuploader.

however, everytime i try to load the backuploader, it simply restarts the wii. it just
goes back to the system menu, doesn't ever boot. tried reinstalling stuff, but nothing.
any help here would be greatly appreciated
tongue.gif

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
ok dude i dont understand why you installed DVDX but never the less it shouldnt be interfering.

i take it your Wii was untouched before hand.

can you please tell us where you got the files u used then we will be able to help more knowin how to went about the install.

Erchino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont remember where i got all the file itself, but it was an exe that extracted everything. it came with wad manager 1.21, backup channel, twilight hack, cios installer, divx, everything. Than I did everything in that order, and idk, the wii restarts everytime i try to use it. but yeah, wii was untouched until now.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
ok first of all my advice would be to remove the lot and start again..

you said you can access wad manager true??

1. uninstall the lot using Wadmanager its pretty straight forward come back if you need help on that tho.
that should remove the channels.

2. if you run dvdx not divx as you state again it will give you a uninstall option

3. also you said your on 3.3 do you know which one?? did you update after 23rd of october??

ok now once you have ridden your system of the following and detertermined your system version come back dude and we'll see where we can go from there..

AquaGod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20 clark. I have the exact same problem! annd i folowed those exact steps. So how do i uninstall the lot with wad manager. I have 3.0U

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
when you launch WADManager you pressed (+) to install if you press (-) on the wad you installed it will uninstall it.

you should be using WADManager 1.3 tbh

if you check my site you will find most of the apps you need to help you.. new apps can just be added to the APPS folder on your SD Card and they will show up in the Homebrew Channel..

theres a link to my site in my sig..

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seems to be a few having that issue - i wonder was it the files from the exe that fgfgfg posted ?

anyone on here - i have working files in my zip and simple instructions for anyone to follow

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
and you can follow the tutorial and install all the files from djtaz signature zip , then if you have any problems come back here and will sort it out for you.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
you just said what i was finkin taz...

seems like a bad set of files, the files i am hosting are mainly ones i have obtained from you and other trusted others...

just goes to show you shouldnt run every .dol/.wad you come across

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
djtaz said:
Seems to be a few having that issue - i wonder was it the files from the exe that fgfgfg posted ?

anyone on here - i have working files in my zip and simple instructions for anyone to follow

I guess you were faster Bro
yaypsp.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
20clarky08 said:

seems like a bad set of files, the files i am hosting are mainly ones i have obtained from you and other trusted others...

yeah - i checked out your file lists Clarky - very handy - well done.

It looks like a lot are having that problem - someone else on the Issues and Answers thread was having it too

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BIG MOE said:
djtaz said:

yaypsp.gif
Naah Clarky was in there solving it all before i even opened the thread - he was well on the case before i even saw it.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
20clarky08 said:

you are right cause a wrong compiled dols and wads can corrupt or brick your Wii , and we don't want that to happen .

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
djtaz said:
BIG MOE said:
djtaz said:

yaypsp.gif
Naah Clarky was in there solving it all before i even opened the thread - he was well on the case before i even saw it.

I meant by suggesting your zip file as well
smile.gif

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
at the end of the day we all jus tryna help lol been 2nd line tech support in civi world i was following the logical root where as the likes of DJTaz has the knowledge to pin point a issue...

and thanks for the props on my files Taz... i just made a lil correction to the site if ya wanna check it out lol

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
20clarky08 said:
at the end of the day we all jus tryna help lol been 2nd line tech support in civi world i was following the logical root where as the likes of DJTaz has the knowledge to pin point a issue...

and thanks for the props on my files Taz... i just made a lil correction to the site if ya wanna check it out lol

looks good and handy , good job clarky keep it up
yaypsp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.