Problem on AK2i

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bmaster154, Sep 20, 2009.

Sep 20, 2009

Problem on AK2i by bmaster154 at 11:20 PM (1,133 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. bmaster154
    OP

Newcomer bmaster154 Advanced Member

Canada
    Hello, I have a problem with my Acekard. It started yesterday when I wanted to try skins. I saw someone somewhere (can't remember where) who said how to put skins on your acekard, so I went and downloaded some, put them in the appropriate folder (I:\__ak2\ui), and tried it. They weren't there. I re-tried, and found someone else who said the right place was in I:\__aio\ui, so I tried it, but now, my menu on the acekard is blue on the top, black on the bottom, and if I press start to access my menu, it will freeze! So, basically, I can't change skin because I can't access system options, and I even deleted the skins I added before, but it didn't change! Is there another possible cause to this? Please tell me if you know how to solve it! (P.S, my games can still play (except mario rpg 3, which never did), so the only problem might be for skins and cheats, if I can figure out how it works...)

2. Xoo00o0o0o

Member Xoo00o0o0o Xoo00o0o0o is in the house

United States
    Just reinstall AKAIO and your problem is solved.

3. nasune

Member nasune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Well I've had some problems with faulty skins, but then I just replaced it (gave a good skin the name of the bad one and it worked again). Maybe that helps.

4. bmaster154
    OP

Canada
    Thank you! It works back again! By the way, now that it's back, is there a way that I can be SURE of to put a skin on that works?

5. bmaster154
    OP

Canada
    Oh, nevermind, now I have ANOTHER problem... When I try loading a game, it says loading in blue, like it usually does, but then, it turns green and it freezes there... And it happens to EVERY game! Now what's the matter?

6. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    it sounds like something was corrupted
    the blue, green or red loading got nothing to do with the freezing (they mean dma mode on or off)
    the same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago a little format did the job for me!
    make sure you always eject your sd card reader to avoid unnecessary corruption
    format your microSD again with the panasonic sd formater and reinstall the firmware

7. Sigfried666

Newcomer Sigfried666 Member

Brazil
    I had that problem, then I changed my "loader" file for a new one and all was well.
    Hope it helps.

8. bmaster154
    OP

Canada
    That all seems like it'd work, but I got that card for less than a week, so I don't understand all those terms, so if there could be some steps to follow, I'd like it [​IMG] I'll still try what I can figure out so far though.

Update: Actually, never mind, I got it to work! Thanks for the information!