Problem installing Super Mario 64 VC Wad

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Simmons208, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Simmons208
    OP

Simmons208 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2013
    United States
    I am using a softmodded wii with system menu v4.1, and for whatever reason I can't seem to get Mario 64 to install. I'm not sure if I'm missing an ios or what. I have tried installing 4 different versions of the wad from different download locations, on Wad Manager, MMM, Wad Manager SDHC, and YAWMM. I have also tried installing on two different cards, one a 2gb, and the other a 4gb, and reformatted each with the same results. I even tried installing from a flash drive and get the same error.

Other wads install fine, I installed all the other n64 vc wads just to check but Mario 64 will not install. I usually get either the: ret= -(1029) or ret= -(1022) ERROR!.

Any help would be great. I have an n64, and an emulator on my computer to play it, I would really just rather have it installed as a channel on my Wii.

2. FoxObsession

FoxObsession Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2014
    United States
    On the interwebz
    Try Wii64. Also, PM me and I'll get you one that'll work elsewhere

3. Simmons208
    OP

Simmons208 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2013
    United States
    That's ok, thanks but I'm not looking for another emulator, I would really like to figure out how to get this wad installed. I'm sure its something really stupid I'm doing wrong.

4. demon33

demon33 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2009
    Canada
    Might be stupid , but you say you installed other wads so.... Be sure your wii still have empty blocks.

Otherwise what ios are you using to install ? Did you make any changes? Does the other wads still works now ?

5. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Check your space in Wii Data management, if you have less than 800blocks delete some stuff. After that try UNINSTALLING the Sm64wad and try again.

I would suggest getting the SM64Multiplayr1.2 editon. It's a great modification of the game.

Simmons208 likes this.
  6. Simmons208
    OP

Simmons208 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2013
    United States
    jonthedit your a genius... I didn't even think you uninstall it as it was always failing during the install. It worked first try! I modded my wii a long time ago, and only updated it with a tutorial when Skyward Sword came out and wouldn't play. Since its modded I'm a little scared to connect to the internet... but Mario 64 multiplayer sounds amazing!

7. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Glad you got your problem fixed! JoostinOnline helped me with this same exact problem back in 2011. Haha. I never even thought to uninstall the wad.