Problem installing nsp

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by alvenzo, Apr 21, 2019.

1. alvenzo
    OP

alvenzo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Sweden
    Hi everyone!
    I have tried to install nsp-files through goldleaf 0.5 and goldtree over USB. It seems to work just fine but I can't run the game. There is a cloud icon above the icon in the main menu and I get a message I can't start the game unless I go online/ or it just tells me I can't play a game I don't own, or something. Only about 2 out of 10 games have worked so far. I convert with 4nxci.
    I have system version 7.0.1 and I'm running Atmosphere.

Any suggestions?

2. Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2018
    Norway
    Do you have sigpatches installed?

3. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Antarctica
    Is your console set as the primary one in your Nintendo Account?

4. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 11, 2017
    United States
    I would try redumping your keys for 4nxci, reconvert your smallest not working xci, then test again.
    Also if possible maybe try installing one of the not working nsps but on the sd instead to see if it's related to gold tree's usb functionality

Last edited by MythicalData, Apr 22, 2019
  5. alvenzo
    OP

alvenzo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Sweden
    Yeah I just got that tip from someone else too, thanks.

Yes but thanks.

I would if I could.

Seems like now I can't even enter RCM. Nothing happens when I insert the jig and press volume up and power. I mean actually nothing. No power through the usb or anything. I have to press power for 12 seconds just to be able to boot it at all. Any ideas?

6. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 11, 2017
    United States
    try getting a new cable. some are only capable of certain things. If you have a pro controller the cord that comes with it should suffice. Also I find the need to reinstall the driver every now and then for tegra

7. alvenzo
    OP

alvenzo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Sweden
    I got it to work now after 3 hrs and like 50 reboots. I installed the sigpatches and it works! Now I don't dare restart my switch ever again. Thanks guys!

MythicalData likes this.
  8. Justin_Credible81

Justin_Credible81 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    I just keep my switch on sleep when I'm not using it and install games through usb so I never have to shut it off or reboot. Some have ruined the sd card reader in their switch by removing the sd card too much.

MUDD_BR and alvenzo like this.
  9. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    Same here. With goldleaf/goldtree you won’t need to remove the sd or restart system.