[Problem] FBI not on Sysnand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by xxbilxx, Jan 11, 2016.

1. xxbilxx
    OP

xxbilxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Is this an issue? I don't remember having it on sysnand but I have it on emunand. Will I ever need it on sysnand. Will I need to have it installed on sysnand ever? I don't even enter sysnand typically, as I use ctrbootmanager to boot directly into rxtools. Thanks in advance!

2. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    You had it on sysnand when you installed emunand, when you unlink nands it wipes your sysnand so you lose all data on it.
    Not really an issue since you can run fbi from homebrew channel if you ever need it, which is doubtlul since you autoboot

3. xxbilxx
    OP

xxbilxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Thanks. That's what I thought, but I saw people injecting fbi with home and safety and I didn't know if not having it on sysnand could be problematic.

4. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    Installing it to sysnand usually only makes sense if you have intentions of installing stuff to sysnand (although iirc, FBI can install stuff to wherever you want anyways).

5. 75mak

75mak GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2011
    It's nice to have on sysnand especially if your going to install GBA stuff and maybe delete agb unpatched CIA or things like that.

Whenever is sysnand and you start messing with it, better to use devmode fbi