Problem backing up SS on the AR DSi

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by VoltManEXE, Apr 1, 2010.

Apr 1, 2010
  1. VoltManEXE
    OP

Newcomer VoltManEXE Advanced Member

United States
    As the topic says, I can't backup my Soul Silver game save. It always says that there is no game card inserted. I even tried it with any other game and the backup feature works fine. Did Nintendo put some kind of protection on it or something? I wanted to use this PokeSav app, but if I can't backup my saves, it can't be used. So, is there any workaround? I tried it with both my DSi and DS Lite, it works on neither of them. The PokeSav app was designed for HG and SS, so shouldn't people be able to backup their saves to use it?

2. Snorlax

Member Snorlax POSTMODERNISM

Australia
    People don't really use AR anymore... It's all easier with flashcarts.
    :/ Why not try investing some money into one?

3. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    The save system is unique compared to other nds games. I have the same AR as you, It doesn't work. You need "nds adapter plus" to back up the save. I'm not sure if it can be fixed with an update on the action replay.

Nobody uses AR anymore? you really don't know how wrong you are. Also he asked for help with his action replay as it's clear he uses it, he doesn't need someone to tell him to buy a flashcard he clearly knows about. There is 1000s of people on here who bought the retail game and I'm sure lots of them own the offcial AR, including me.

4. SirCB85

Member SirCB85 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    If you would have spend about 5 minutes to search the Forum you would have found countless posts saying that it is up to now nearly impossible to backup a savefile from the retailcarts of Pokemon HG and SS due to the unique layout of the cart involving the Infraredport used to communicate with the Pokewalker.
    There are only two ways to backup a savefile from either one, one is a specific usbreader the other is to crck the cart open and solder a wire between two points.
    There are some attemps to solve this problem using homebrew programms, but no one is public know to work a hundret percent.

5. VoltManEXE
    OP

Newcomer VoltManEXE Advanced Member

United States
    I will be, but I'm not going to just hurry and buy one. I'm waiting for the SuperCardDSTWO.
    And as for the nds adapter plus, it looks a little complicated for me to get it and use it just once.
    Thanks anyways guys.