jawsisra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I was doing the update for the Acekard 2i to work on the DSI and 3DS

Ok when it got down saying compleat it say put in next card my friend turn off the DS lite now the Acekard 2i I was using now no mater what only shows a blank box for the name on the DS lite and a black cart on the DSi when you click on it on the DS lite it goes to a white screen but on the DSi it says An error has occurred, Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operation Manual for help troubleshooting.

I do not know what my freind has done to my Acekard 2i but before the Update it worked fine on the DS lite but now it stop working all together what can be done to fix this. If I have to buy a new one please let me know so I can get it ordered asap

I have many Mico cards but I only have 1 Acekard 2i I do have 2 other Acekard 2i but they turned out to be fakes I have 1 official and 2 fakes

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Is your Acekard 2i a HW:44? If it is take note that the latest Acekard update does *not* work on it. You will have to run the http://filetrip.net/f18393-AceKard-2i-firmware-1-4-1.html to reflash it. If it is not please disregard this.

Sounds like you followed the correct steps. Try these now:
1. Backup your data, format your microSD with the official formatter, put the data back.

2. Make sure you are using AKAIO v1.8.7. If you are already doing so put in a fresh copy of AKAIO v1.8.7.
And then try it again.

If it still does not work try updating your Acekard 2i again. Get another flashcart (*any* flashcart which runs on the DS lite), put the updater files in the root of the microSD of that flashcart, load it into the DS lite. Run ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds. When prompted eject the cart, put in your Acekard 2i, and press B. Follow the prompts and update it again.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
molh394 said:
Is your Acekard 2i a HW:44? If it is take note that the latest Acekard update does *not* work on it. You will have to run the http://filetrip.net/f18393-AceKard-2i-firmware-1-4-1.html to reflash it. If it is not please disregard this.

1. Backup your data, format your microSD with the official formatter, put the data back.

2. Make sure you are using AKAIO v1.8.7. If you are already doing so put in a fresh copy of AKAIO v1.8.7.
And then try it again.

If it still does not work try updating your Acekard 2i again. Get another flashcart (*any* flashcart which runs on the DS lite), put the updater files in the root of the microSD of that flashcart, load it into the DS lite. Run ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds, or ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds for HW:44. When prompted eject the cart, put in your Acekard 2i, and press B. Follow the prompts and update it again.
The latest update does work on HW:44, just not on the 3DS, as it incorrectly thinks the 3DS is a DSLite, and will show the Acekard icon.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
The latest update does work on HW:44, just not on the 3DS, as it incorrectly thinks the 3DS is a DSLite, and will show the Acekard icon.
Oh I see, thanks for the clarification.

jawsisra: Please ignore the part about the HW:44, I made a mistake there. The steps should be the same regardless of the "HW:" model.

Can your fakes run on the DS lite? If it can then just use them to run the update files, and then swap the carts for your real Acekard 2i when prompted.
If not just borrow one from a friend. As mentioned earlier any flashcart will do, it just has to be able to run on your DS lite.

jawsisra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
molh394 said:

And then try it again.

If it still does not work try updating your Acekard 2i again. Get another flashcart (*any* flashcart which runs on the DS lite), put the updater files in the root of the microSD of that flashcart, load it into the DS lite. Run ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds. When prompted eject the cart, put in your Acekard 2i, and press B. Follow the prompts and update it again.

Thank you this helped like a charmed I might keep the fakes around just in case I ever have to do this again in the future

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
You're welcome! Yes you should keep the fakes, I am sure they will be handy in the future indeed.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag