Hacking Private headers

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got numerous games on 2x handhelds 3ds + 2ds XL that are almost completed on some of the games, many, many hours of play in them. Am I right in saying that if I use a private header, that the game saves MUST be deleted first for them to take effect on those particular games?

We're talking about sky3ds+ carts here...

Also does a private header work on every game in the sd card?

Last edited by jaisunny,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Am I right in saying that if I use a private header, that the game saves MUST be deleted first for them to take effect on those particular games?
Yes and no

For 6.0+ games (run on 6.0+ operating systems, hence why people who forced Pokemon X/Y to run on 4.x had a little trouble after updating), the encrypted save of a physical game is (also) a function of the header: so changing the header will make the save unusable, not the opposite

Of course, it is perfectly possible to create a decrypted save backup with the usual homebrews, and use that on a different gamecard/rom...

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you talking about games installed on a 3DS flashcart like Gateway or Stargate or those in *.cia files put on HOME Menu?
It is a sky3ds+

Yes and no

For 6.0+ games (run on 6.0+ operating systems, hence why people who forced Pokemon X/Y to run on 4.x had a little trouble after updating), the encrypted save of a physical game is (also) a function of the header: so changing the header will make the save unusable, not the opposite

Of course, it is perfectly possible to create a decrypted save backup with the usual homebrews, and use that on a different gamecard/rom...
That makes no sense to me at all lol. What is OS 4.0 and 6.0? thats not on the 3ds is it? neither sky3ds cart? Im guessing you're talking about something else?
Sorry wasn't clear on the opening post.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That makes no sense to me at all lol. What is OS 4.0 and 6.0? thats not on the 3ds is it? neither sky3ds cart? Im guessing you're talking about something else?
Sorry wasn't clear on the opening post.
Yes, 3DS update versions (each title is designed for one such version, and does not run at all on lower ones without pulling tricks)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks, so to confirm, a new private header would make the original saved files unusable?
Yes (for games that use 6.0+ save encryption): but of course you can extract the saves beforehand, change the header, then create a new save and import the decrypted backups

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all private headers are compatible with all games. if you use an incompatible one, you will not be able to go online but you won't get banned either, as far as i know. it depends on the chips used in the card which ones will work. if you use the one dumped from your actual cart, it of course will work. ;)

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not all private headers are compatible with all games. if you use an incompatible one, you will not be able to go online but you won't get banned either, as far as i know. it depends on the chips used in the card which ones will work. if you use the one dumped from your actual cart, it of course will work. ;)
Thanks, is there a list somewhere to shows which private header from which game works with certain games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1