plasturion

temporary hermit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi everyone!
I made this translation because I couldn't play english version (ugly).
This game is about figure skating and patch works with japanese version of game.

Translated:
- story 100%
- menu graphics 100%
Some layout graphics in game I kept in japanese version - like Excellent, Bad, Success.
It looks just way more pretty than english replacement.
So if anyone wants to test/try out....

princess-ice.jpg
xdelta patch - v0.93

Attachments

• PrincessOnIce(J)[Eng]v093.7z
    181.3 KB · Views: 434
Last edited by plasturion,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
hello, i tried to downlaod that file however it appears only polish IP's can download it (the wbesite the button didnt work and in jdownloader warned me about this)
i suggest you to upload in other file hoster

anyway, 11MB i suppose you send the entire rom file right? that is concidered WAREZ (it's copyrighted content) and it's NOT allowed in gbatemp https://gbatemp.net/help/terms
i may ask you to create a patch (i think you might learn how to do this here http://www.romhacking.net/faq/ see this website, it hosts game translations and other rom hacks)
not is the patch only a few KB (maybe a MB or so) but it is "legal" to share...

also, could you write a little about the game? i have no idea what kind of game it is and would be interested to know about it

plasturion

temporary hermit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok, I changed file hoster, hope this one works.
Sorry, It seems I forgot to trim source file when I created that patch, that's why was so big.

I found some error in mid-ending of Allysa. If anyone find some freeze in dialoge text please let me know who and when. I tried hard to catch all of them I hope this is the last one.

New patch released

I almost forgot about most important thing - start button...

title.gif

...what do you think? Is it ok? :)
and about scoreboard captions... when is time for special move, every step add 150 points...
so scoreboard is not precise in current form (that step increase "50" variable not "150") so maybe is better to stay with english Great, Good, Ok afterall?

OK, another new patch v.91 released with current tittle screen and changed scoreboard.

plasturion

temporary hermit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You're welcome. I'm glad.
Right now I'm doing nothing, but maybe I'll ask for help next time, I don't have much english skill.

Look guys what we have in E/U version of game...

It seems this is first time when we can 'see' that early desing caracters from Japanese version.
It's funny, because Japanese version was realesed half year later, with packed european resources.
So I bet Dreampalete was a team who upgraded this characters, or Arc System Games.
The same characters are in Rockin' Pretty game as a successor.

Reactions: InquisitionImplied

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oh this look cute I have to try xD
I would like to have a comparison here ... like original x translation x usa x eur ? it's nce to see how different it get XD
(also you could updload to tcrf :v haha)

plasturion

temporary hermit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
usa/europe version looks the same and ugly - diva girls, hard to compare.

Tcrf has this title already with simple comparision - https://tcrf.net/Princess_on_Ice

Now I see, I should do make some improvements with colors and palette in menu screen...
but this is so small details... so is there anyone who wants that kind of update?

Ok, new patch released with minor changes... :)
--------------------------------------------------------
So guys what next... Princess on Ice is done, now I have to try another project...
hmm... so mayby this time something different :)

Kurukuru Princess - Tokimeki Figure - Mezase! Vancouver
kkp.png

plasturion

temporary hermit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You're welcome... for the recently one, I would like to leave this project to someone more expierienced.
I made a demo patch, cause it's really neat game and I wanted to feel visual novel side.

I have translated script of Ayaka (introduction and few meetings).
I edited graphic - main menu buttons, signature of Ayaka.
I'm doing on the air... CT2, ctrl+f, google translator.
Text in .rtz files is completly mixed... so i have to find sequence manually.
Finally i found out how to recompress arm9.bin file...

There's a lot of text and graphic, and lot to do.
It's really hard to translate all the stuff in this way.
But that's not the point. Best of all is good fun of make it. ;)

KuruKuru Princess demo:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xjukc6

---------
I'm not sure I will support this project...

I borrowed new font from sibling game called - Ballet Star (left side). Does it looks better?
ayaka.png
ayaka2.png

I'm not sure, I rather original on the right side, because I used to work with it in current demo.
Left one seems to be more girly... and this game is for girls.
What do you think?

Finnaly I made in C very universal flexi-funky script inserter(seeker-replacer) for Shift-JIS...
It compare appareance of string in binaries and replace translated text from textfile.
I can use comments, etc.
here's some report from that:

I knew it! We are
doing figures too!
Line:832
Found:CA86h
Replaced!

You came from overseas?
Wouldn't be nice to see
the city together?
Line:840
Found:B6F7h
Replaced!

...I'm sorry, but
I'm busy practicing.
Line:847
Found:90D4h
Replaced!

See you.
Line:851
Found:98B2h
Replaced!

You can use comments, there's lenght protection, changing text happens with some conditions...
I've never seen script inserter before, it's great feel to do something from scratch.
aaah, what a relief... finally I made usefull tool.
:)

I think script translation process ot this game could looks like that:
For every stage:

Dumping:
PHASE 1:
making screetshots for making a script text order.
if selectable choice (taking all results once after another, getting back with savestate)
PHASE 2:
creating textfile based on screenshots and copying mixed text from .rtz files to txt.
you can use comments in textfile - for example - who's talking
suggested tools: Notepad++(Shift-JIS, unix end of line), capture2text OCR or if you know hiragana/katakana - romaji to hiragana converter.

Translating:
PHASE 3:
Translating textfiles with remember that you use not more than the same byte lenght (not longer than twice of Japanese text) If you forget it's ok.. just text will be cuted thanks to lenght protection
tools: Notepad++

Inserting:
PHASE 4:
reinserting with this tool.

PHASE 5:
testing...

If someone is intrested in this project as dumper, translator - Welcome Home. :)
I forgot to mention that we have one person for translating.
But if someone wants to help as dumper, I will appretiate.
Let's just try out stage or more to check how much time it takes, and how it works.

JustTeen

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
"File not found". Please, upload file again and give link. I realy want to play in this version with english patch.

Weda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Very nice!
Wow, so even their character names also become Europan version.

I wish their names were in American version instead so it'll be the same as their Rockin' Pretty counterparts, or kept in original Japanese names. :)

Reactions: plasturion

Weda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have question about the game itself.
So each girl seems has 3 different endings. Which ending depends of which difficulty picked at the beginning of story mode? Or does it instead depend on how well her performance in the last stage like in Rockin' Pretty?

Unlocked total 11 different stages so far from story mode (normal difficulty), yet it seems there are still more stages.

And the Highlight, it only replays the best performance for each stage?

Reactions: Alexander1970

plasturion

temporary hermit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes that's how to unlock, as I remember there's point limit and you have really try hard to screw your performance. I mean in example only "good" hits with few bad to reach almost that limit, for sure it works at the begining, and that's condition which song you will perform next. I don't remember if the same rule is at the final stage. But i think for sure you can recive two different endings one with success and one if you fail. I think that third ending and title of princess is when all the stages are perfect.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Weda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yes that's how to unlock, as I remember there's point limit and you have really try hard to screw your performance. I mean in example only "good" hits with few bad to reach almost that limit, for sure it works at the begining, and that's condition which song you will perform next. I don't remember if the same rule is at the final stage. But i think for sure you can recive two different endings one with success and one if you fail. I think that third ending and title of princess is when all the stages are perfect.
What about choosing which techniques before starting the show? Does it matter which one I pick?

plasturion

temporary hermit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Higher class techinque should give more points(but it doesn't theres always 5000 bonus points for 'excellent'). It seems that total game points is a decisive factor, because at second try, after every chapter i've got worst possible score and at the final 9th chapter I earned 33k points thanks to excellent techniques and full combo and I ended up with worst ending.

I've got unlocked 17 songs so far. Fastest way is to beat the game two times. Once getting the best score in every stage, and second one with the worst (its easier to select highest class technique just to make sure that you fail that special move and don't loose the balance that allow you pass. No bonus points in special techinque moves = lowest score that unlocks different song. System points in this game is a little buggy, so it's not so easy to have 3x "bad" techniques and pass).
---
The last 18th song is unlocked after mid-ending. I could get it when ive got 3 chapters completed with lowest score and rest with highest.

btw any interest in the second project - KKP. I checked out arm9.bin and translating that give a non graphical menus being able to read, because of specific nomenclature it was easier to find a reference in the previous KKP. Maybe someone else wants to give a try to finish it?
screen2.png

Weda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
For certain, each story playthrough always has 11 stages?

Does difficulty setting you pick in the beginning of story also matter? Just after choosing girl.

plasturion

temporary hermit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, each certain story has only 9 or 10 stages (9 in general but if it's mid or best ending there's additional bonus stage).
I looked up quickly a freeplay and what can I say:
- every stage 1,2 (first two chapters) are always the same
- every stage 3-9 (seven next chapters) depending on the performance of the previous stage or stages (if its 3rd chapter) has two different songs.
- there's aditional bonus stage after final stage in 9th chapter (two different songs that can be unlocked seperately depending on mid or best ending)
so 2 + 7*2 + 2 = 18 songs.
I guess difficulty dosen't matter (depending on that there's only more or less single taps, i guess limits overall score are slightly higher), but at every difficulty mode we can meet with the same story, stages and endings.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released