Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Ubisoft has today come full circle with the Prince of Persia franchise as it revealed new screens and details on Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands for the Wii, the game tied to the movie based on the games. Whew.

The game has been built from the ground up for the Wii and will introduce fans of the series to new characters in a brand new storyline in which the prince has powers that are said to transcend both nature and time.

After leaving his father’s kingdom to prove his worth, the Prince is drawn toward a mysterious realm. He quickly discovers that he must harness his acrobatic abilities and powers over the environment to not only survive, but to save a mystic palace from unfathomable evil.

Sounds mysterious! Ubisoft promise a reinvention of the classic acrobatic Prince of Persia gameplay with treacherous traps to overcome, elaborate puzzles to solve and massive enemies to defeat.

Details surrounding the new powers that the prince possesses over the sand are yet to be officially revealed, apart from these will be crucial in uncovering new areas to explore that would otherwise be inaccessible.

The prince is currently scheduled to unsheathe his sword on May 18 in the US, ten days before the movie premieres.

Screenies:

large.jpg

large-1.jpg

Source

Not sure what to think. Rival Swords was alright but purely because it still had Prince of Persia platforming, although offset by OWS (Over Waggle Syndrome). And yes, those are screenshots for the Wii version, or so it appears. I'm hesitant about this PoP game, but who knows.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I love the Sand of Time trilogy *_* Hopefully this game will fit into the great series.

Btw, Nintendolife, Pease, DO NOT hot link our images/wallpapers.

FAIL!
tongue.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
I love the Sand of Time trilogy *_* Hopefully this game will fit into the great series.

Btw, Nintendolife, Pease, DO NOT hot link our images/wallpapers.

FAIL!
tongue.gif

Meh, I'm too lazy to upload them elsewhere. Well, I did, changed the links to my Photobucket account.

It is kinda odd that it's a video game based on a movie based on a video game. Not sure if that means it can be good or bad.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
It is kinda odd that it's a video game based on a movie based on a video game. Not sure if that means it can be good or bad.

What?

So it's a game based on a game if you go directly to the roots.
unsure.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlackDave said:
Guild McCommunist said:

What?

So it's a game based on a game if you go directly to the roots.
unsure.gif

No the movie is based on the game, and this is one of those movie games (if I understand this situation correctly). But this "movie game" should be better than all of those horrible shovelware ones.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like most Ubisoft Wii pics, they look like they've been touched up so espect some jagged lines when playing it.

Should look at least as good as the GC games but it has to be as good as Sands of Time for me to care.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I absolutely loved every PoP game after SandsOfTime (excluding that Battle game for DS - strategy-games are not really my taste...). If they give me more of the same with the new one-on-one combat of PoP08 I`ll be happy.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hadrian said:
Like most Ubisoft Wii pics, they look like they've been touched up so espect some jagged lines when playing it.

Should look at least as good as the GC games but it has to be as good as Sands of Time for me to care.

QFT, else I'm not touching it.
Sands of Times is still the best game out there IMHO.

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

Its not the first of its kind though, ever play "Street Fighter The Movie" for the arcade, ps1 or saturn?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn, stay on that plastic. (If you know, you know)