Hardware Primary Switch Question

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly do they mean by primary switch? I have the animal crossing switch preordered, and I was gonna mostly game on that, but can you hook a switch up to one dock, then another to another dock and use saves interchangeably? would I have to download the game saves each time I switched systems?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly do they mean by primary switch? I have the animal crossing switch preordered, and I was gonna mostly game on that, but can you hook a switch up to one dock, then another to another dock and use saves interchangeably? would I have to download the game saves each time I switched systems?
Primary system does not need internet to check if u can play said game this includes eshop games and any games that have any downloaded content of any kind and AC will not have cloud saving. And for any game that has cloud saving u will have to manually download said cloud save supported games save on secondary switch if u want to continue from current and visa versa and u need NSO to have cloud saving

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda nervous about the saves, because I had to redo my saves after my original switch failed. should I transfer the saves or just download them or does that matter? if I copy over user data and saves, does that make the destination switch primary automatically?

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
switch up to one dock, then another to another dock and use saves interchangeably? would I have to download the game saves each time I switched systems?

The dock is just dumb electronics. You can use the same switch in a thousand different docks and your saves will always stay in tact.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, I mean if I had both systems on separate docks. having to redownload the game saves sounds like a hassle. I'm afraid that if I open a game without having downloaded my save that the save will be lost, because now a new save has been made in the game and will be uploaded once I go into sleep mode. that's my biggest fear with how nintendo has this set up. if only they had usb exporting...

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yea sorry I misread the question. That'll teach me to reply to threads first thing in the morning. I don't know the answer to your question in that case, I'm afraid.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I understand about saves, accounts, and content, but it seems confusing with primary switch, like if that's transferred over. I've heard that people who are banned have to transfer over the account and make a new system primary by calling nintendo.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my answer as I just got the animal crossing system. primary switch is transferred with user and saved data.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey godreborn,

I'm currently in the exact same situation.
How did you make your AC Switch the primary switch? (After deregistering the old Switch)

I didn't need to deregister. simply transferring the only user and saves to the ac switch automatically registered the ac switch as primary. if that doesn't happen, deregister the old switch, and the moment you sign in to the eshop on the ac switch, it will become the primary switch automatically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0