Hacking Prilloader 0.8 beta 3 out.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, so what I suggested wouldn't work in the manner I thought. But it would be able to achieve everything the hot swapping method could achieve.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
you people keep surprising me in ever way. you know the link to the dol but not the changelog?
how the hell can you get the link to the dol but not the changelog. its in the same source, within 200lines from each other...
http://dacotaco.com/priiloader/changelog_beta.txt

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you people keep surprising me in ever way. you know the link to the dol but not the changelog?
how the hell can you get the link to the dol but not the changelog. its in the same source, within 200lines from each other...
http://dacotaco.com/priiloader/changelog_beta.txt
Thanks but..we already know that since 12 March 2012 :creep:

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
http://dacotaco.com/...ngelog_beta.txt
Thanks but..we already know that since 12 March 2012 :creep:
and yet i keep seeing posts and shit bout "changelog?"
Dunno what your're talking about. Since this post nobody hasn't even put "changelog" in their mouth.

Reactions: 1 person

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Daco Sorry, "lulwut" seems to have some issues dealing with users from past experiences, which is a shame. For a start, you shouldn't expect users to just find the changelog on your server by themselves.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To bad priiloader 0.8 beta 3 does not support patched system menu versions. I guess it will never be tested. To bad the author waists his time updating an app, then adding silly limitations to prevent its use. Hopefully the updated version will support system menu versions 54448, 54449, and 54450, or any other patched version. Otherwise, many many people will never use it.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
To bad priiloader 0.8 beta 3 does not support patched system menu versions. I guess it will never be tested. To bad the author waists his time updating an app, then adding silly limitations to prevent its use. Hopefully the updated version will support system menu versions 54448, 54449, and 54450, or any other patched version. Otherwise, many many people will never use it.
DacoTaco goes on and on about how you should never patch anything, and he even told me that if anybody has a region changed Korean Wii, they deserve to get a 003 brick.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
He has an excellent point. Virtually every patch applied by people here is 100% unnecessary. Especially patching version number of SM. No point in doing that. (And before you start spouting off to me the reasons, I know them. They are not valid)

Reactions: 2 people

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
He has an excellent point. Virtually every patch applied by people here is 100% unnecessary. Especially patching version number of SM. No point in doing that. (And before you start spouting off to me the reasons, I know them. They are not valid)
Saying people deserve a brick because they bought their Wii at an electronics store in Asia (which mostly have region changed Korean Wii's) is not okay.

Going out of your way to prevent people from installing Priiloader on a patched SM (which I like, since then people can run an update with absolutely no fear of bricking, even if there is a power outage) is stupid.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saying people deserve a brick because they bought their Wii at an electronics store in Asia (which mostly have region changed Korean Wii's) is not okay.

Going out of your way to prevent people from installing Priiloader on a patched SM (which I like, since then people can run an update with absolutely no fear of bricking, even if there is a power outage) is stupid.

Instead you just have a brick risk when installing the patched SM, exactly equal to the risk when installing an updated SM, and you'll still have to install a new SM if Nintendo were to add a new feature in an updated SM. (unlikely, but it could happen). It does not decrease your risk of bricking AT ALL.

The other thing...meh. If you bought a wii like that, you should be prepared for problems. Do a little research and don't install 4.2 or higher. No one "deserves" a brick, but you have to expect problems if you're getting a cheap wii from a dodgy source.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
In fact some second hand Wii's here in Chile were korean, or region changed. And some guys I know tried updating the normal way without even knowing they'd end up with a nice brick because of 003.

It's not as stupid patching a SM IOS too, because of savemiifrii. Anyway, gettin it to work requires the whole SM IOS..

So: Priiloader - Savemiifrii-able Wii = good brick protection. If we're in an endless debate over "whose thing'd brick your wii first" then it's the same as "chicken and egg debate", it'll end up bricked anyway.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A Wii has never been bricked by installing a version patched system menu, afaik. It is as safe as installing any other menu, no extra risk.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Instead you just have a brick risk when installing the patched SM, exactly equal to the risk when installing an updated SM, and you'll still have to install a new SM if Nintendo were to add a new feature in an updated SM. (unlikely, but it could happen). It does not decrease your risk of bricking AT ALL.

The other thing...meh. If you bought a wii like that, you should be prepared for problems. Do a little research and don't install 4.2 or higher. No one "deserves" a brick, but you have to expect problems if you're getting a cheap wii from a dodgy source.
I was talking about a disc/online update, not a manual update with homebrew. We've probably got a new IOS59 coming, and new Wii's have lots of new IOS versions, although I don't know how they are different. It's also good if there should there be another Shop Channel update.

Most people have no idea that their Wii is region changed when they buy it, that's the point. But it doesn't matter, I just think it's a douchy thing to say you will recommend an update to 4.2+ with an official IOS70/80 without letting them know what risks go along with it, and making you re-install the System Menu if you want to update Priiloader (probably out of spite) isn't very nice either.

Edit: Also, SaveMiiFree doesn't do you any good if you don't have a patched SM IOS or a modchip.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
4257407f-c3e2-7897.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat