Hacking Priiloader Question

Maximus1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Wii with a new boot1 (post-2008, boot1c) so basically I can not install BootMii as boot2. My question is, will I be able to install Priiloader still? If so, are there any advantages in doing so? I'm aware that I can execute the BooMii IOS from Priiloader but is Priiloader capable of being installed on a wii with the later boot1 version?

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, i think it's better explain what each do and how it works before answering you:

Bootmii@Boot2: When wii boot, he pass through 3 type of boots that we call boot0, boot1 and boot2 and then the System men ios and the menu itself. What BootMii@Boot2 does is use a bug in the boot1 to be able to install the files in boot2 and then protect your wii (Not sure about that part) but nintendo fixed the bug in the wii's middle 2008 and ahead so its not possible to install on newer wii's, and that is your case.

Bootmii@ios: As the name says, when the boot1 bug got fixed the team Twizzers had to find a way to install bootmii so was decided to install as a normal ios in the last slot, the problem comes because he doesn't start before wii menu so in a case of corrupted system files it will be not so useful to recover as boot2 install.

Priiloader: He works in a totally different way than all bootmii's, patching system menu IOS to add some hacks like block update and other functions, he really not good as bootmii's but with him you can forward directly to a loader or homebrew channel on start or recover your wii from a semi-brick or theme brick and it works with every Wii version (in theory)

Now what you want:
It's better to you install both Priiloader and BootMii@ios to at least protect from some bricks and some other nice features :lol:
Also, sorry for any mistake :mellow:

Maximus1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i think it's better explain what each do and how it works before answering you:

Bootmii@Boot2: When wii boot, he pass through 3 type of boots that we call boot0, boot1 and boot2 and then the System men ios and the menu itself. What BootMii@Boot2 does is use a bug in the boot1 to be able to install the files in boot2 and then protect your wii (Not sure about that part) but nintendo fixed the bug in the wii's middle 2008 and ahead so its not possible to install on newer wii's, and that is your case.

Bootmii@ios: As the name says, when the boot1 bug got fixed the team Twizzers had to find a way to install bootmii so was decided to install as a normal ios in the last slot, the problem comes because he doesn't start before wii menu so in a case of corrupted system files it will be not so useful to recover as boot2 install.

Priiloader: He works in a totally different way than all bootmii's, patching system menu IOS to add some hacks like block update and other functions, he really not good as bootmii's but with him you can forward directly to a loader or homebrew channel on start or recover your wii from a semi-brick or theme brick and it works with every Wii version (in theory)

Now what you want:
It's better to you install both Priiloader and BootMii@ios to at least protect from some bricks and some other nice features :lol:
Also, sorry for any mistake :mellow:

Thanks a lot, I new what each BootMii and Priiloader did, but was unsure of how they were executed and was a little hesitant to install Priiloader, thinking it had something to do with boot1 or boot2 (since it executes before the system menu).

Thanks a lot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in