Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wiieye said:
xflak40 said:
if u hold B then hit plus, it installs using ios249, if u do not hold b and press +, it will install using IOS36

installing IOS222 and 223 will not effect priiloader whatsoever, so u r totally safe to install (make sure u get rev 4 of hermes installer)

Thanks xflak40, fast reply!

Agghh sorry got things confused. I guess my concern was installing Hermes with the IOS 36/38 merge options and would that be affected by priiloader being in IOS36. Anyway.. I think I was reading old info since the rev4 Hermes is based on IOS38

My gut feeling tells me I did not hold B when I installed... What are the key differences between installing to 249 vs 36? I know 249 is a cIOS and 36 is an "original" IOS.. is it safer either way in terms of brick protection?

And slightly OT but since you seem knowledgeable.. would this "guide" be reasonable for installing hermes rev4? Or I was looking at the completesg install guide but wasn't clear exactly what the optional steps are for.

okay, u have things way, way backwards. Priiloader is NOT "IN IOS36", Priiloader installs USING IOS36 or IOS249, there is no difference between the two, as the end result is the same...

however, the point is there is an option, as not all people have waninkoko's IOS249 (as many are against it due to piracy, I'm not one of those people, but still), and some people may not have a trucha bugged and ES_Identity patched IOS36 to install priiloader (required only to install priiloader using IOS36, but not needed to actually use it afterwards)

If it installed for your corrected the first time, then don't worry about it.

There are many guides on the net on wii modding, my personal favourite (besides my own private guide) is xzxero's guide found HERE

honestly, all these Q's have been asked before, I know because I've personally answered some of them on this forum... u caught me in a good mood, next time try googling a little harder though.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
to nameist

you may want to look into whatever priiloader hacks you have enabled, try disabling them, or download these Priiloader Hacks (from the complete softmod guide): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nnoqm1o0tdm

and try using the disable background noise hack

is there one for menu 3.2U, which is what I have? thanks

wiieye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
okay, u have things way, way backwards. Priiloader is NOT "IN IOS36", Priiloader installs USING IOS36 or IOS249, there is no difference between the two, as the end result is the same...

however, the point is there is an option, as not all people have waninkoko's IOS249 (as many are against it due to piracy, I'm not one of those people, but still), and some people may not have a trucha bugged and ES_Identity patched IOS36 to install priiloader (required only to install priiloader using IOS36, but not needed to actually use it afterwards)

If it installed for your corrected the first time, then don't worry about it.

There are many guides on the net on wii modding, my personal favourite (besides my own private guide) is xzxero's guide found HERE

honestly, all these Q's have been asked before, I know because I've personally answered some of them on this forum... u caught me in a good mood, next time try googling a little harder though.

Thanks for your help, all done now and working
smile.gif

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I installed Priiloader today,first time I got a code dump,but everything was still fine ,the system menu loaded normally.
Then I tried it a second time and it installed it!
but I can't load my system menu or uninstall priiloader anymore...
The installer/uninstaller just says:

trying to restore system menu...
unable to restore system menu... aborting

the good thing is I can load priiloader,it's still installed,I can load HBC,so what shall I do?
I installed it with Ios249 ,I have rev14

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just installed priiloader,I just changed "Autoboot" and "Return to" to SystemMenu,I didn't change the ios
I've got an older Bootmii backup,I just need to backup my saves and miis,but I need a GC Controller for this and I don't have one.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
check your settings, make sure you are using the system menu IOS in the options

if u still cant access your sys menu and u dont want to try fixing it anymore, u can always uninstall priiloader but using nand clean and reinstalling your system menu wad
its a problem with the installer im trying to hunt down but ppl aren't very helpfull. however the fact he said the error when uninstalling brings me one step closer

this is the code it fails at when uninstalling (it basicly renames the system menu app back to normal & places priiloader back when failing) :

CODEif (nand_copy(load,file) < 0)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_Close(fd);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_CreateFile(file,0,3,3,3);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfd = ISFS_Open(file,ISFS_OPEN_RW);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_Write(fd,priiloader_app,priiloader_app_size);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂISFS_Close(fd);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂabort("Unable to restore the system menu");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}

i think i now know what happend...
i just dont understand why it would fail to rename the system menu... (or code dump for that matter) when installing...

EDIT: btw Ultralex, if you still have the buggy priiloader installed. would you please provide me the following info :
- what files are there in your /title/00000001/00000002/data/ & /title/00000001/00000002/content/
- what are the sizes of the files in those folders

that should be all i need to know to know what exactly fails and what happend

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Ultralex said:
priiloader is still on my wii,but where should these folders be?
use any nand explorer. personally i like ftpii if you have a ftp client and ios36 patched with nand permissions/trucha

EDIT: or you could extract everything from a bootmii backup

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so in /title/00000001/00000002/ are 2 files: data and content,both 0kb
edit:Just one question:Did priioader do anything to ios70?
so I know that it only have to reinstall the Sysmenu.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Daco, when trying to delete priiloader, do you delete the priiloader .dol first, before you try to move the original system menu .dol there? Also, i think you have 2 options: 1. read the old .dol into a buffer, delete priiloader, create new file, write buffer, close file. Or 2. Delete priiloader, rename the other .dol to the system menu .dol.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Ultralex said:
so in /title/00000001/00000002/ are 2 files: data and content,both 0kb

priiloader/preloader does not modify IOS70 at installation.

preloader 0.29 and under (not preloader 0.30) will patch IOS60 at install, but all the other version afterwards do not

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiPower said:
Daco, when trying to delete priiloader, do you delete the priiloader .dol first, before you try to move the original system menu .dol there? Also, i think you have 2 options: 1. read the old .dol into a buffer, delete priiloader, create new file, write buffer, close file. Or 2. Delete priiloader, rename the other .dol to the system menu .dol.
see source. it deletes, tries to rename system menu (more like read to buffer, write buffer. a move). if the "rename" fails it writes priiloader back.
however, its not the uninstalling that fails. its installing. i fear its system menu moving where it crashes at

QUOTE(Ultralex @ Nov 25 2009, 11:29 AM) so in /title/00000001/00000002/ are 2 files: data and content,both 0kb
this is why you need trucha and/or nand permissions patched in ios36 . those are folders not files

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't patch ios36 with trucha,because I didn't want to have the Homebrew Channel upside down,instead I installed a patched ios36 at ios236.
Is there no way to tell ftpii to use this ios?

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Ultralex said:
I didn't patch ios36 with trucha,because I didn't want to have the Homebrew Channel upside down,instead I installed a patched ios36 at ios236
im not so sure if you can have ftpii (or whatever app youre using) to use a different ios...

EDIT: also, reinstalling HBC while ios36 is patched fixes that
or run ftpii and remove patch from ios36

EDIT2: btw, was this a fresh install or upgrade from previous preloader installation?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16