Homebrew Preview of XBMConnectDS

Freo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a good couple days of messing around I've come up with an answer to the lack of XBMC control on the DS. The program will be called XBMConnectDS and will hopefully be released within the next week or 2. I made a little video of it this morning to give everybody an idea of what it's all about. Feel free to comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGntNYUVuE4

eagle128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks nice and clean. I'v been looking for this for the DS for a while at least one that works worth using. Can't wait for the release.

Freo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I'll also have to rename it, I didn't know about XBMConnect... which looks like some cheap xlink clone.

badbob

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks good so far, I'm looking forward to a release too.

This program has a lot of potential, the one on the PSP is nice, I think the DS could make use of the 2 screens to make something even better
yaynds.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Assuming this is done by the DS wifi link its going to be useless to most of the community out there as most of them/us used a wired ethernet connection to the Xbox or 360 ........ unless your Xbox original or 360 has a wifi access point attached to it or the VERY EXPENSIVE Microsoft Xbox wifi adapter then your not going to get the DS to make a connection are you!?

Reason (you may know but a lot of people do not!) ....Neither the original XBOX or 360 have wifi built in! .. the wireless connection to the controller in the 360 is done by Bluetooth!

You could however re make it and use it to connect to a PS3 via the PS3's built in WIFI like REMOTE PLAY of the PSP in wifi wireless connection
nyanya.gif

additonal ... the alternate would be to pickup the Xbox remote eye and remote set for a couple of £/$/€

tcm538g6k3jf70pr9k8.jpg

.... from ebay and control XBMC with that instead as you would a TV
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@kobykaan the DS may be wireless but XBMC allows for a level of network based control. This means your DS still connects to your router as it normally would as does your xbox.

Back on topic while I do have a remote I will go and sort my network capabilities out at some point and I am sure this will be of some considerable use. Failing that those remotes are getting quite hard to find the in the real world.
Thanks for sharing Freo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later