Preparing to install CFW on my Slim

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by unpaidassassin, Aug 21, 2008.

Aug 21, 2008
  1. unpaidassassin
    OP

Newcomer unpaidassassin Advanced Member

United States
    Ok the rundown so far:

-Friend's Phat PSP has CFW 3.03 OEA
    -My Slim PSP has official fw 3.60

I will be using the guide mentioned in the sticky topic Best PSP CFW/homebrew introduction/tutorial I've read, Recommende for beginners

I am reading the Pandora section of the guide (part 3), and am not sure where to get the "Open Source Pandora Battery Tool". The guide has a link to a thread @ maxconsole forums but I do not see a link leading to a download for this "Open Source Pandora Battery Tool" so I am missing this.

Also is it safe to assume that I will be able to convert the phat psp's battery into Pandora despite it being an OLD CFW?

In the Despertar del Cementerio section of the guide (Part 4), there is a list of 5 items to be downloaded. The Despertar del Cementerio version 4 link is dead. Please can someone provide a link? I downloaded the other 4 items.

2. RebelX

Member RebelX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    To install the CFW on your slim with the Pandora battery, all you need to do is make the Pandora battery and make a Magic Memory Stick. Use this guide to make the Pandora battery and Magic Memory Stick:

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-hardware-...tery-guide.html

And after you install the CFW on there, install a later CFW version because there is a later version out. And you only need Despertar del Cementario if you're unbricking your PSP, and you didn't say it was bricked.

One more thing, after you make a phat PSP Pandora battery, you can't use it again unless you do this difficult procedure called "time machine" or solder the pin that you cut. I decided just to buy a new battery, it is an extended life battery for my phat PSP and I was going to buy one anyway.

If you have any questions, ask.

3. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    didn't you see the sticky?

4. unpaidassassin
    OP

United States
    RebelX, I plan on converting my friend's phat battery into a Pandora through the logical way via software tools...not by hard modding and soldering

jalaneme, yes I read all the stickies and mention which one the guide is linked from.

5. RebelX

Member RebelX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hmm, well I don't really know much about softmodding, as you know I hardmodded mine... And you don't need to solder anything...

And what's illogical about hard modding it [​IMG]

6. unpaidassassin
    OP

United States
    I didn't mean hard modding is illogical as in unreasonable [​IMG]

Soft mod = logical as in the memory stuff [​IMG]

7. Seyiji

Member Seyiji Rawr :3

United States
    The latest Despertar del Cementerio is Version 7 and can be found here and the easiest way to make a Magic Memory Stick is to use Despertar del Cementerio v7 and your buddies PSP on a spare Memory Stick Pro Duo and let it install the neccesary files.

That way you go straight to 4.01 M33-2 without the need to muck around [​IMG]

Although if you are hell bent on using Despertar del Cementerio v4 then you can get that from here

8. warmijwilfaain

Member warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

United Kingdom
    I'd recommend you use the TotalNewbi Easy Installer on your memory stick, choose Universal Unbricker (I know it's not bricked but I find it the easiest and think you would too) then put that in the CFW friend's PSP, run the Pandora's Battery Creator, press triangle to back up the eeprom of the battery (i THINK, it might be another battery), then convert it, use the battery and magic memory stick in your Slim PSP then bingo.

Then run using your friend's phat PSP but *plugged in using AC power so it can turn on* the Pandora Battery Creator, then press L+R to flash the battery with the backup up eeprom so it will become normal.

Hope I helped.

NB - if using the Magic Memory Stick and Pandora it just comes up with a blank screen, and the 2 lights flashing on the left - don't worry, just press X and wait for a little while (can sometimes be incredibly quick, sometimes slow) and when nothing appears to be happening, turn it off and on again and your slim should now be CFW [​IMG])

Don't worry about it being an older CFW, I'm sure it will be fine. If it turns out it doesn't work, just ask your friend whether you can update his firmware to the latest M33 version.