Hacking Preparing for Wii modification. Have some question

rob1out

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So 14 more days till the release, what I plan to do is buy a wiikey, and have my friend whos installed on in his own before install it. I don't have too many questions. I've been reading pretty diligently and have figured out what i want to do.

However I have some questions concerning copy play and from different region

I was looking at the list of region compatible
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=Wi...y_List:_NTSC-US

And it says that super mario galaxy is not playable in red. (Ntsc J- US)

however i read some thread, specifically this one, http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=71828 , and it says that the wiikey eventually had it playable. So, I was a little confused

I'm assuming when brawl comes out there will be a foreign update for the firmware that would mess up my wii. Or it wouldnt be playable somehow because of the region problems. I'm assuming this pertaining to the way Super Mario Galaxy was released.

So pretty much my question is: So eventually they did get Mario Galaxy working despite the problems and its red status on wikitemp?
If so, I can assume that somehow.. brawl will be functional as well... correct?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mario Galaxy is playable. Just download the right version for your region and update your modchip's firmware to the latest version. Then it will run without problems.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thrue.... Though there is a slight chance that it might not work... :'(
Why this is ?? Not everyone has installed there modchip the right way
blink.gif

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Then the answer is no, you can only play SMG on a Wii with the correct language selected. So, you wanna play J? You need a J wii.

And believe me, you don't want any of what a J wii brings about, probably.

antpod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then the answer is no, you can only play SMG on a Wii with the correct language selected. So, you wanna play J? You need a J wii.

And believe me, you don't want any of what a J wii brings about, probably.
What? I was under the impression that having a US Wii with a Wiikey installed is able to play NTSC-J imports as well as NTSC-J backups..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...