Premature 4.0 Stupidity Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Thingmaker, Mar 26, 2009.

Mar 26, 2009
  1. Thingmaker
    OP

Newcomer Thingmaker Member

United States
    Have a Wiikey - and apparently I jumped the gun. After reading a zillion threads, I noticed a number instructions mentioned "mod chips are not affected". Well, I simply updated to 4.0. HBC works perfectly, emulators all running, and the few VC game I had on channels were all intact.

Here's where the problem is: Wad Manager no longer works. I read it wouldn't after 4.0 (unless you had something , but again, I thought that was for soft mods. I can't install and wads - get an error. I never had any previous ios installed. Is there anything I can do or am I basically screwed for the time being? I'm assuming that I cannot intstll the proper IOS to get the wad manager working as an ios has to be installed as a wad? I'm very much lost - so if someone can be kind enough to throw up some help, I'd be grateful.

2. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Those saying modchips were safe, it meant only backup DVD games were safe.

You need IOS 249 installed to fix the backup wiiware/vc games not working as you can use that to install the modified ios60... However, since you didn't that means as of right now there isn't a whole lot you can do.

For the time being, do not transfer any of your channels to the SD card (most importantly being HBC) because once you do you will no longer be able to copy them back to the wii (or play them)

For now you just have to sit it out until there is a workaround. It may be possible if you had any modified IOS or old versions of any IOS (pre 3.3 update) but if you never used any form of softmod... it's probably unlikely.

3. Thingmaker
    OP

Newcomer Thingmaker Member

United States
    koji2009 -

Thanks for the info - at least now I know I have to sit back and wait, rather then continuing to search until my eyes bleed thinking I missed something simple that will magically have my wads installing again.