Hacking Preloader v0.30 Updater

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phpgeek, will your installer also have the ability to uninstall by any chance? That is one of the things that the original preloader was missing that seemed to be frequently requested. Keep up the good work.

resistor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what i have done is to install hackmii 0.6, it removes older hbc but later if you install 0.2 you can have hb channel 1.03 for preloader and 10.6 for bootmii and at the wii

vodaholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
phpgeek said:
I haven't had time to build a full installer yet, as I have been busy fixing bugs, removing obsolete code and adding vital missing event handling to the v0.30 source. Until I finish the full installer, this tool will update any previous version of preloader to 0.30.

I would please ask users with BootMii installed to boot2 and a full nand backup to "proof" this tool and post the result here. I do not recommend any other user to make a decision about using this app until enough "safe" installs have been reported. This tool comes without any warranties and I accept no liability if you turn your wii into a paper weight with it. I have tested this tool with 100% success on 11 wii's to date. Hopefully you will have no issues with it!

Kudos: Crediar (source) and DacoTaco (additional mods).

Download

*removed - violates GNU GPL version2*

Update October 13th, 17:16 GMT

I will be releasing an updated version tonight (before 10pm GMT, perhaps earlier) and a full installer. Sources for both will also be included, in line with GNU GPL v2 Licensing regulations. I have addressed a number of issues in this thread, so hopefully this will be my final 0.30 release. The installer is also capable of removing preloader (including any previous versions, leaving no garbage on your nand and will completely restore the system menu without the need to reinstall. It will also upgrade previous versions.

/phpgeek

This is fab news. Gotta say a big thanks for taking this onboard phpgeek!!!

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most impressive! I look forward to this evening's release. Thanks for all the hard work you've put in.

One quick question - do you still need the Trucha/ES-Identify bugs present on IOS36 for this installer, or is a different IOS used (e.g. IOS249)?

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hip Hip.... Hurray!!!

Hip Hip Hurray!!!

I could care less about the source as I don't code. Releasing the source will keep the Source NAZI's here happy though so the binary wont get removed
smile.gif

Great work. I have the test version already installed and will update
smile.gif

jaydoc05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install this on system menu 3.2U?

do I need to dop IOS MOD IOS 60 PRIOR to installation?? or am I okay given my system menu 3.2U

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
phpgeek just told me that "The new installer will not patch any IOS so this will have to be done with either DOP IOS or with an app such as Free The Bug.". I know how to do this to IOS70 for 4.2 systems, but does anyone know details on how to do this to IOS60 for 4.1 systems (without relying on Preloader 0.29 patching IOS60)

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
phpgeek just told me that "The new installer will not patch any IOS so this will have to be done with either DOP IOS or with an app such as Free The Bug.". I know how to do this to IOS70 for 4.2 systems, but does anyone know details on how to do this to IOS60 for 4.1 systems (without relying on Preloader 0.29 patching IOS60)
same process but with IOS60v6174

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im pretty sure the people working on dop-ios can implement patching ES_identify for IOS60 and IOS70.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:

So, if I understand this correctly, the IOS that is used to run the System Menu (IOS60 for 4.0/4.1, IOS70 for 4.2) must have the trucha bug and ES-Identify bug present as a prerequisite for the installer.

However, the other IOS's (e.g. IOS36) are not needed at all. Correct?
wink.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
xzxero said:
im pretty the people working on dop-ios can implement patching ES_identify for IOS60 and IOS70.
Oh, I know you're pretty
tongue.gif

Seriously, there's a Topic about this, and like xzxero said, maybe marc_max can help too...would be realy nice if they can get it to work...

Btw: Disc-Spin Issue is fixed? Or does it still exist?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xfcrowman said:
xflak40 said:

So, if I understand this correctly, the IOS that is used to run the System Menu (IOS60 for 4.0/4.1, IOS70 for 4.2) must have the trucha bug and ES-Identify bug present as a prerequisite for the installer.

However, the other IOS's (e.g. IOS36) are not needed at all. Correct?
wink.gif

no im pretty sure a patched IOS36 with NAND permissions will still be required to install preloader .30

but if you want to use the system menu with the correct IOS IOS60 for 4.0/4.1, IOS70 for 4.2
then it must be ES_identify patched.

Posts merged

Blue-K said:
QUOTE(xzxero @ Oct 13 2009, 06:52 PM)
im pretty the people working on dop-ios can implement patching ES_identify for IOS60 and IOS70.
Oh, I know you're pretty
tongue.gif

Seriously, there's a Topic about this, and like xzxero said, maybe marc_max can help too...would be realy nice if they can get it to work...

Btw: Disc-Spin Issue is fixed? Or does it still exist?
thanksss.
i know theres a topic, i posted in it!

aha, anyways the disc spin issue was fixed in preloader .29

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...