Hacking Preloader v0.30 Installer / Removal Tool

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just figured out how to get disc channel loading on 4.2u.
if you use all the regionfree patches in start patch for 4.2u and the make games load using ios249 with the region free wii games hack in preloader 0.30(might work in 0.29 to) then use ios 249 to load the system menu they will load.
this doesn't seem to work with just the preloader cheats i get the an error has occourd for everything but GC games but with the only hack from preloader being the region free wii games one they work fine.

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
nah, it wasn't an issue with .29, only rev 4 of .30.

Hack remover you say?

You don't by any chance have a link for this app, do you?

I think the more current one is something called NandClean - which when I searched the web, I actually found a link on GBATemp from a post that you, Troy, had posted!

But I never bothered to try it because I got Hack Remover back when SoftMii was in style and it has done the job quite admirably. I'm not sure if it still out there to be found, so I uploaded it myself.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f093cd8...04e75f6e8ebb871

But since someone else just posted to say that they were also having Hack problems with the latest revisions, it sounds like you are not alone. So Hack remover or anything else may not help if it's truly a Rev4 problem.

ShineStar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShineStar said:
EDIT:
k, nevermind, i figured it out and uninstalled preloader successfully.
1 question though, did this also revert the changes that i made when i installed cIOS38 rev14?
if not, how do i revert those back to the original?
(i'm trying to virginize my wii, and this is my last step)
could someone please answer my question?

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can we see suggestions, requests, bugs or a change log or something for this application? I hate to repost something that has already been mentioned, but did not want to crawl all through this thread to find.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
nah, it wasn't an issue with .29, only rev 4 of .30.

Hack remover you say?

You don't by any chance have a link for this app, do you?

Hack removal works only on SM 3.2. :-(. If you want to clean hacks on 4.1 (not sure if this works on 4.2), you will have to reinstall SM-4.1.wad and then use NAND Clean to clean all hacks.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShineStar said:
ShineStar said:
EDIT:
k, nevermind, i figured it out and uninstalled preloader successfully.
1 question though, did this also revert the changes that i made when i installed cIOS38 rev14?
if not, how do i revert those back to the original?
(i'm trying to virginize my wii, and this is my last step)
could someone please answer my question?
just update through ninty...this removes your 249.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
IlluminiX said:
I think the more current one is something called NandClean - which when I searched the web, I actually found a link on GBATemp from a post that you, Troy, had posted!

heh heh, lol. Its been a while since I was part of the "wii scene" so its hard to remember everything i learned/found.

I appreciate the help everyone. I have been messing with it a bit, seems to me its a once in a while "glitch'. it doesn't seem to happen every time.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
press minus to uninstall. That removes everything. If you still want preloader just install it after uninstalling it. No big deal...

bdw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nearly bricked my Wii last night with that DOP app. I was wonder why the hell they'd want you to overwrite the IOS60 where the system menu resides
then I got the "system files corrupt" instead of the system menu.

finally after downloading the 4.1u system menu using NUS Downloader I was back in business, but w/o pre-loader.

I decided to stay away from pre-loader v.0.29 as some of the hacks never did work, like the GC controller recovery trick
& v.0.30 has this patch that you have to load in advance which I am deathly afraid of now, until I can understand it more or until there are clearer instructions.

so on with startpatch it was, but startpatch doesn't have a way to load any files like pre-loader had & once I go to the recover mode with Y on a GC controller in the 1st port, I couldn't get anyplace else, just a black screen with the 4.1(USA) in the bottom.

I want pre-loader v.0.30, but I am just gonna sit here on my startpatch for now until I see something more solid about v.0.30

even on the wiibrew site the version available for DL is still .29

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course you don't have preloader anymore....it always needs to be reinstalled after every single system update lol....and this here: 'I want pre-loader v.0.30, but I am just gonna sit here on my startpatch for now until I see something more solid about v.0.30' just makes you not be able to unbrick your system should it happen....wow....some people are so ignorant
tongue.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
after u download the file, read the read me document, it clearly states

"You will need the IOS used to boot the system menu to be patched with ES_Verify. This version of
the installer does NOT currently patch your IOS for you so please use DOP IOS or Free The Bug!!!"

Before installing Preloader 0.30 u need to:
if you're on 4.2, u need to install IOS70patchedfreethebugs.wad. If you're on 4.0 or 4.1, u need to EITHER install IOS60patchedfreethebugs.wad, or dop IOS60 +trucha, then install Preloader 0.29 (which patches IOS60 with the ES_Identity bug), then upgrade to preloader 0.30

stylesxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xflak40 said:

"You will need the IOS used to boot the system menu to be patched with ES_Verify. This version of
the installer does NOT currently patch your IOS for you so please use DOP IOS or Free The Bug!!!"

if you're on 4.2, u need to install IOS70patchedfreethebugs.wad. If you're on 4.0 or 4.1, u need to EITHER install IOS60patchedfreethebugs.wad, or dop IOS60 +trucha, then install Preloader 0.29 (which patches IOS60 with the ES_Identity bug), then upgrade to preloader 0.30

Based on what you said here, it appears that I should be able to install Preloader 0.30. I started with a virgin 4.2U and used xzxero's guide, which means I installed IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad. However, I am not able to install 0.30 and am getting the common "unable to read ticket" error. I know that I can probably work around this by installing Preloader 0.29 first (and probably will later today), but I just want to understand why it doesn't work. Can you offer any feedback on why I (and many others) are running into this issue?

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:

or you could wait for phpgeek & me to release the next version who only needs ES_DIVerify patched in IOS36 so it can install (no more need for ES_DIVerify with the system menu ios)

@ ticket error : easy, preloader 0.29 copies the ticket to the system menu title directory for easy access. phpgeek uses that ticket and not the real one (/ticket/00000001/00000002.tik) . ive patched the installer to copy it too. (but next step is to always use original altho that doesn't seem to work decent...)

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco: Have you heard from phpgeek yet? Seems like he just fell off the planet. Maybe on vacation or something. Haven't seen a post from him in awhile

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0