Hacking Preloader v0.30 Installer / Removal Tool

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mgrimmenator said:
andymacross:

I'm totally lost. I have preloader v.30, with 4.1u and cIOS. I autoboot to usbloader.

: just boot up, straight to loader
: hold down reset, get preloader, select system menu no problem
: reset to preloader and select run installed file no problem
: go to system menu and press power button and restart go to usbloader
: while in usbloader press home and system reboots back to usbloader
: while in system menu press home and system reboots back to usbloader
: i go in to preloader and settings and set autoboot to system menu and set return to autoboot
: when in system menu if press home it autoboots back to system menu

Maybe I'm not doing the same thing as you but I don't have any problems whatsoever.
lol...I'll second that!!
smile.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mgrimmenator said:
andymacross:

I'm totally lost. I have preloader v.30, with 4.1u and cIOS. I autoboot to usbloader.

: i go in to preloader and settings and set autoboot to system menu and set return to autoboot

Maybe I'm not doing the same thing as you but I don't have any problems whatsoever.

The issue that he's describing is that rather than go directly to the System Menu, when he presses home on his wiimote during games/apps it goes all the way back to the health screen. Not a big issue by any means as it only means a single button press to continue to the menu, but it does the same thing to me on 4.2U.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
mgrimmenator said:
andymacross:

The issue that he's describing is that rather than go directly to the System Menu, when he presses home on his wiimote during games/apps it goes all the way back to the health screen. Not a big issue by any means as it only means a single button press to continue to the menu, but it does the same thing to me on 4.2U.
Same thing happens to me. I think it's a preloader 0.30 thing though. I don't remember it happening with 0.29 on 4.2u. I have "Press A at Health Screen" enabled anyway.

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. Never noticed because I use the "Replace Healthscreen with BackMenu" hack - should remove that problem if it is a nuisance.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know when r5 is coming out. I thought I saw a post from phpgeek saying that he was working on it and that it should be soon.

ShineStar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
guys, im so confused.
i opened the readme for the installer and read this:
In order to use this installer with your application you must first place a "certs.bin"
in the data directory along with "preloader.app". The "preloader.app" file is your
compiled binary of the preloader source that has been bound with nand booting code. You
can obtain this from any systems menu or channel. This code must be placed at the end of
your compiled binary and potentially padded. You will also need to add the correct loading
address in the dol header, in text section 1. FAILURE TO DO THIS PROPERLY WILL RESULT IN
A BRICK SO BOOTMII INSTALLED TO BOOT2 IS A MUST! I ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR INCORRECT USE!!

i have no idea what that means.
if i just want to uninstall preloader, do i just put the installer on my sd, boot up, and press minus?
do i have to pay attention to any of the things listed above?

Yyhhggtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShineStar said:
guys, im so confused.
i opened the readme for the installer and read this:
In order to use this installer with your application you must first place a "certs.bin"
in the data directory along with "preloader.app". The "preloader.app" file is your
compiled binary of the preloader source that has been bound with nand booting code. You
can obtain this from any systems menu or channel. This code must be placed at the end of
your compiled binary and potentially padded. You will also need to add the correct loading
address in the dol header, in text section 1. FAILURE TO DO THIS PROPERLY WILL RESULT IN
A BRICK SO BOOTMII INSTALLED TO BOOT2 IS A MUST! I ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR INCORRECT USE!!

i have no idea what that means.
if i just want to uninstall preloader, do i just put the installer on my sd, boot up, and press minus?
do i have to pay attention to any of the things listed above?
...? thats at wiibrew, download the one at the first page
and its a dislaimer....

ShineStar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
no, i meant the part about putting the app in the folder and putting a wii number or something...
and i did get that from the first page.
maybe i chose the wrong one?
can you give me the link for the correct one?

EDIT:
k, nevermind, i figured it out and uninstalled preloader successfully.
1 question though, did this also revert the changes that i made when i installed cIOS38 rev14?
if not, how do i revert those back to the original?
(i'm trying to virginize my wii, and this is my last step)

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
anyone else have issues where when starting the wii from a full shutdown (red light) it doesn't acknowledge your hacks?

Such as , i have load back menu turned on, along with no wii menu bgm, yet, it still has them when starting it up after its fully shut down.

If I reset, then the hacks work fine...very odd.

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Troy - that's odd... I always start from the Shutdown position and the hacks always seem to work even with Rev4. Is it just with 0.30 or was that the case with 0.29 and below? I am assuming you tried clearing the hacks with Hack Remover and then reloading them again or reinstalling Preloader.

andymacross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
IlluminiX said:
Hmm.. Never noticed because I use the "Replace Healthscreen with BackMenu" hack - should remove that problem if it is a nuisance.

unsure.gif
that's right...

but why this issue show up on preloader v0.30 r3 & r4...
v0.29 and v0.30 r2 work just fine

PS:this is not a big issue...I am not complaining

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153