Hacking PRELOADER V.26

boobi_shabang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Phratt said:
And these reasons my good gentlemen is why im sticking with .25 for now.

Ima wait until everything is officially safe.

you could update to .26 and just use all the same hacks you use for .25 thats what i'm doin until some of these issues are ironed out, future proof on the software then too

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the regular linux-loader and it will load from menu but no autoboot.....I tried the bootmii elf for a USB HD install I set up and that had some issues as well......anyone successful with autobooting elfs? Looking for other players out there. I'll do more testing and be more descriptive if no one else speaks out, if someone says it works then it WILL work for me when I figure it out :)

FIRST EDIT: bootit loaded from menu but get "Error autobooting file, try reinstalling!" I did 3 times how many times do I reinstall to get it to work, am I going insane? Not to mention my drive is illuminated solid blue, no flashing but would make a sexy nightlight

NEXT EDIT: the regular linux-loader just does a black screen and that's it.....time for dinner.....anyone doing any of this too?

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im just going to ask in here cause ive googled it and searched in here sence last night i need a link for the hack remover tool please i cant find it so if any one can help at all i would be so happy i want to install this right i have a 3.2u preloader.25 all the ios's that have been needed i just want to remove the hacks install a new systemmenu then install v26 of preloader i got to were im at with the pack by aquilino so any help would be awesome thanks

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i lost GC booting on 8/10 games after install so i used arc and reinstalled 0.26 with a few hacks and everything seems fine now regionfree with no need for language patch both Wii and GC games

zeldafn333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some problems with hacks.ini
I saved Silversurfers version 289 hacks in the file, and whenever I get to the system hacks menu, I only have the original options. In case it matters, I have starfall's hacks still on...

Is this a copy/paste problem?

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
riddle43 said:
im just going to ask in here cause ive googled it and searched in here sence last night i need a link for the hack remover tool please i cant find it so if any one can help at all i would be so happy i want to install this right i have a 3.2u preloader.25 all the ios's that have been needed i just want to remove the hacks install a new systemmenu then install v26 of preloader i got to were im at with the pack by aquilino so any help would be awesome thanks

1st post v.25 thread by ironmask

Remove Preloader Hacks

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help i found it in a pack.
smileipb2.png
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
im on v26 now and feeling fine

singlemanriot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My apologies if this has already been asked how ever I could not find a deffinate answer. I have Riiski + PreLoader 0.26, if I try to run a GC backup the Wii just restarts how ever GC originals and Wii back-ups and originals work perfectly, should my gc back-ups run or am I correct in thinking I would need a chip like the WiiKey to run them? Thanks for your help guys the PreLoader + Riiski pack is awesome. Im not much of a coder but if you need testers im more than willing to help.

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe is just me, but I used a hack.ini somewhere in this thread I think, and also one of my own and preloader has this weird scrolling bug. Whenever I try to scroll past the visible end on the hack selection screen, I cant enable the hacks. When I A it toggles a hack about 5 hacks up. (the hacks visible before scrolling).

I got this fixed, by shortening my hacks.ini and removing all other regions hacks, but thought it should be a something to be looked into as a bug

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i dont use the region hacks at all. if i had an out-of-region game, i wouldnt be able to read the text anyway. though, if it came down to it, i could just load gamma and force the game that way.

Kree_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tried reinstalling v.26 and i keep getting the same problems.
Games not loading that loaded in v.25....nothing (backup or retail) showing up in disk channel.
Only a few games loading thru the Gamma loader that had no problem loading before...
frown.gif

Disabled all hacks..........enabled 1 hack at a time.....cleared the hacks and tried over from scratch...
Got my Wii back to v.25....gonna keep watching...but think im gonna skip the v.26 release for now...
frown.gif

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey is this working on 3.3U yet???
if it is then well need to update hacks.ini, obviously.
i'm waiting to for someone to confirm it works 100% on 3.3U. too bad this can't be dsitrubuted as a wad, then if there's any problems installing you could just install over it with an original system menu wad, of course you would have to verify the hashes of the wads yourself to make sure they weren't corrupted.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think is even possible to pack a .wad of a SysMenu with Preloader in it, and if it doesn't work you'll be screw because you don't have a SysMenu in your Wii, but if the "System Files are Corrupted" splash on screen, I think (but not sure) you can still recover with an autoboot disc, but then again 3.3 can read trucha signed discs
laugh.gif
so better just downgrade to 3.2, it'll only take you 10 minutes to run cIOS and IOS downgraders...!!!
smile.gif

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was anyone able to get ANY useful apps like ARC or wad manager or cIOS downgrader to boot from v.26? still trying to help fireeater out, running out of ideas
sleep.gif

looks like he has a low level brick but still has preloader, HBC won't boot, starfall hacks(recovery ones to run TH) aren't working, savemiifrii is a no-go... anything i'm forgetting(other than a chip)?... i mean he has preloader so there has to be SOME way to use it to recover his wii... so if someone could let me know if they got any apps that can install system menu to run through this version of preloader i'd appreciate it... thanks guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp