Hacking PRELOADER V.26

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
Yay, it works, but is it normal that I have as an example two times Boot disc region videomode in the list for my Wii version. I did notice the offset is different? I installed those cases double? Did it hurt my wii?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed an issue with the rebooter for the Gecko OS and such....... It will not work with this installed........ I don't know if it's a bug that I'm having or whats up but yeah.....

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone on NTSC Wii with the hack .ini working post it. In v.25 all my out region showed in color, Now they don't.

Edit: I got it I just had to disable THE FORCE DISC REGION.

bebs

Trophies
XP
Country
if i use system menu.wad to refresh my wii in order to instal preloader, do i have to install ios30 too?

bebs

Trophies
XP
Country
okay,

no i don t use cios corp. but,if only ios30.wad is needed, what's the utility of the systemmenu 289.wad then?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you only want a fresh SysMenu, then just install a SysMenu.wad, there is no need to re-install IOS30 again.

@ AsosaYoung, can you post your hacks.ini, my out of region are not working for me, and I have make quite several test now...!!!
smile.gif

Kree_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No question here. (since ive seen alot of people that dont know how to read
rolleyes.gif
)

Just want to say thanks.
And a little bit of input from a noob thats not a total noob (least i dont think so
smile.gif
)....
after a Partial-Bricking (right term? for not reading disks?) of my Wii last night...and fixing it today (thru reading all the helpful info on how to do it on the forums)....

NTSC Wii
3.2U
Started at Phase 2.....
I did the update to v.26.....and set the hacks...
After doing so...my sys wouldnt read any disk...retail or backup. (no idea why)
then i tried to uninstall the hacks using the hack remover tool so i could just get back to v.25...and it failed multiple times.
Tried reinstalling the Systemmenu from wad...failed...failed.....failed...
After a frustrating morning...finaly found the nessasary tools to load the right stuff in the right places for my system to be as it was before the upgrade....fixed now...and thanks to everyone that posts info on these boards...it was alot of help and appreciated...(wow kissing ass
smile.gif
)

Anyway....i hadnt seen anyone else having major problems...and knowing me i prob did something wrong....but thought that any...no matter how vauge (and i am sorry ist vauge) input on this version of PreLoader would be helpful...

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
if you only want a fresh SysMenu, then just install a SysMenu.wad, there is no need to re-install IOS30 again.

@ AsosaYoung, can you post your hacks.ini, my out of region are not working for me, and I have make quite several test now...!!!
smile.gif

SilverSurfR post 38
They work flawless
Hack .ini

Edit: Just don't enable the force disc region.

Kree_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Kree_boy said:
After a frustrating morning...finaly found the nessasary tools to load the right stuff in the right places for my system to be as it was before the upgrade....fixed now...

Wich was....??
Nothing that wasnt already posted in this and other threads...
Used Trucha Signer to get the SystemMenu-v289.wad off the Hackmii semi-brick fix disk...

finding the key.bin file that was needed for the reg file (used that new tool Google that you guys keep posting
smile.gif
), opening that in UltraEdit, extracting the wad......going to the wad installer since i was still able to load the HBC from PreLoader (couldnt get to the systemmenu)...installed the wad to get the menu back...after doing this i was able to remove the hacks using the hack removal tool.

went to try downgrading again...just to run thru the steps again...
It failed to intialize the network like it was a bad update...no idea why. ( i didnt try updating)
finally went and re-ran the ARC and then reloaded v.25..and set the hacks again....after that no problem...

The only frustrating thing was finding the key.bin to open the Hackmii disk.....

Going to try reinstalling v.26 later on today....least now i know how to get back to where i was to begin with.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This can help someone:
How I upated from 0.25 to 0.26 (with riiskimod)
Just delete all hacks using the Hack Remover that comes bundled in the RiiskiMod pack, copy the new 0.26 hacks.ini to the root of the sd card (not sure if it is necessary) install preloader 0.26 over 0.25 using hbc and have fun
smile.gif

Working without problems here.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only problem I have is the use of the rebooter tools....... they will not work with either version of preloader and break debugging access to the main system menu......... It's just one of those features that I like being able to have so I opted to uninstall the hack. Was quite easily done. lol. although I'd really like to find a way to add some of the patches from the hacks.ini to a system menu patching tool. the menu patcher v1.2 works great for a few things I just can't figure out what exact format one would need to use to add the patches to the source for it and recomplie the app...... any chance that someone may be willing to work with me on that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: what i didn't do anything!