Hacking PRELOADER v.25 Released

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
@IronMask - Thanks for keeping this thread updated with Crediar's progress - I'll drop a donation in but the pound doesn't get the dollars it used to
wink.gif

If anyone can be arsed to put those new hacks into a hacks.ini file that would be nice - I'm too lazy and too bad with a keyboard to be accurate enough
hate2.gif

I can't get FTPii to boot - it codedumps straight away but my gamma dol boots like a dream (I thought someone said it didn't work, or did they mean the rebooter option?)

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you used gamma to autoboot and you selected B to reboot. wouldnt it just boot gamma again?

also, fishears. try using ftpii0.15. i believe that is the most stable version.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
slaphappygamer said:
if you used gamma to autoboot and you selected B to reboot. wouldnt it just boot gamma again?

also, fishears. try using ftpii0.15. i believe that is the most stable version.

LOL.. if you press B it just codedumps

I might give0.15 a try but to be honest I was just curious - I can't really see any point having it installed in Preloader. I'm sticking with Gamma or Softchip so that I can get to playing a game quicker

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
OP
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
lecture.gif

I am on #wiidev with crediar now and (wiishizza as well) and we discovered when adding the hacks in to the .ini file it will not let you disable them... so we are trying figure this out... it may just be a visible problem...still checking so don't mess with the .ini file especially if you are not sure what you are doing.
The patches are applied after the system menu is loaded to ram.

I will try and keep you posted as things progress for this bug.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiCrazy said:
Interesting... diffusion's match with mine... 3.2u + starfall
Why it founds the exact same addresses for the first two patches is completely bizarre to me... I may have a look at it tomorrow...

btw, can someone test the rest of the nocopy patches (3,4,5) for ntsc 3.2u

[Nocopy3]
version=289
offset=0x81332A54
value=0x38600001
[Nocopy4]
version=289
offset=0x81337218
value=0x3BE00000
[Nocopy5]
version=289
offset=0x8134AA48
value=0x801D0024
[Nocopy5]
version=289
offset=0x8134AA4C
value=0x5400003C
[Nocopy5]
version=289
offset=0x8134AA50
value=0x901D0024
[Nocopy5]
version=289
offset=0x8134AA54
value=0x48000018

if you want to play with it... here is the source... : http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/crazymenunocopys.rar
maybe someone spots the mistake

Posts merged

frostyfrosty said:
if thats true, why didnt he implement all of the starfall patches? and only those 4 or 5?
main thing i wanted was the update blocker and the recovery mode. (or are these not needed with this or something?)

I know im askin a good amount of questions, but i just want to get things straight. ^^

It's just a single word patch.. I'm sure you'll be having it soon...
Whay happens if I use the "CrazymenuCopys.dol" on my (PAL) Wii?
Also is it a rebooter or NAND Edit ?

Anyways, This copy flag codes won't work on PAL right?

Also, IDL is the way you have done it with you say?
It is a programming language, right?
So if I even knew the language. I needed the Sys menu WAD or something on my PC?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
adr990 said:
WiiCrazy said:
Interesting... diffusion's match with mine... 3.2u + starfall
Why it founds the exact same addresses for the first two patches is completely bizarre to me... I may have a look at it tomorrow...

btw, can someone test the rest of the nocopy patches (3,4,5) for ntsc 3.2u

...snipped...

if you want to play with it... here is the source... : http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/crazymenunocopys.rar
maybe someone spots the mistake

Posts merged

frostyfrosty said:
if thats true, why didnt he implement all of the starfall patches? and only those 4 or 5?
main thing i wanted was the update blocker and the recovery mode. (or are these not needed with this or something?)

I know im askin a good amount of questions, but i just want to get things straight. ^^

It's just a single word patch.. I'm sure you'll be having it soon...
Whay happens if I use the "CrazymenuCopys.dol" on my (PAL) Wii?
Also is it a rebooter or NAND Edit ?

Anyways, This copy flag codes won't work on PAL right?

Also, IDL is the way you have done it with you say?
It is a programming language, right?
So if I even knew the language. I needed the Sys menu WAD or something on my PC?

It is a rebooter like all the other ones...(no nand edit stuff) I originally did just the recovery patch... yesterday I added a search patch function into it, so basically what it does is search for the given code in loaded system menu and prints the address where it finds them...

It's not IDL but IDA, it's a disassembler and a debugger (though for power pc no debug support)

You don't need to provide extra system menu dol or something, like all the other system menu patchers this also loads the system menu dol from nand...

Well again this is just a experimental stuff to find new patches... if you run it on your pal wii then the offsets you find can be used in a hack for pal wii...

Still... there is a bug somewhere... possibly in the pointer arithmetic...

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This small tool will delete all the files written in shared2 (settings, hacks) by preloader (and by DVDx 3.4).
I take no responsibility and no credits for this (it's a very small modification of Tona's setting_replace, it's 99,99% his code).
If you want to uninstall preloader:
1) Install System Menu v290.wad from Bushing's recovery disc with wad manager;
2) Run that tool
wink2.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes. that one only removes the hacks.ini and the hacks_s.ini from NAND.

//EDIT:
At this point I would probably not install preloader. Well it'S good for booting direct into HBC or SystemMenu.
But the buggy dol feature and some bugs with patches make this app not really my favorite...
I'll stay with Starfall at this point.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Davi92 said:
This small tool will delete all the files written in shared2 (settings, hacks) by preloader (and by DVDx 3.4).
I take no responsibility and no credits for this (it's a very small modification of Tona's setting_replace, it's 99,99% his code).
If you want to uninstall preloader:
1) Install System Menu v290.wad from Bushing's recovery disc with wad manager;
2) Run that tool
wink2.gif

Any chance you could pop this onto mediafire or somewhere - zshare doesn't work for me?
Thanks

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you can't use install system menu 289 (3.2) to remove this? or are these just alternatives?

I guess these options would help out on not losing the system menu hack if you have it installed correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth