Hacking Preloader/Priiloader question

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last night I updated my Wii from 4.1U to 4.2U using xzxero’s update guide. Before the update, I had Preloader .29 which from everything I have read will no longer work. In his instructions, it discusses Preloader .30 but also has a link to download Priiloader v1.0

I am confused as to what I need to do in order to protect my Wii. My understanding was Preloader was discontinued and Priiloader was the new version. Please help!

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to remove the old Preloader v.29 that I had originally? Or does it become replaced with the new Priiloader 0.1?

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poster,

there's a whole preloader 0.29 JODI and 0.30, also priiloader thread dedicated to hack.ini. the search tool is at the top right.

Please look into it.

Wynd

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wynd,

I have searched that thread and I am still confused. I am just looking for some clarification. If I can have Preloader .30 on a 42U or Priiloader v.1, what is the difference and should I go with one over the other?

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1...when you say it is my choice, do they all work similar in terms of protecting against a brick? I kknow Preloader v.30 has added features vs. Preloader v.29, and I would assume the same holds true for Priiloader 0.1.

Are you saying it doesn't matter which one I have?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not really they both will allow you to boot the HBC to attempt the recovery of a brick but the new priiloader is better I think cause you can boot to bootmii IOS as a last resort if you can't recover from the HBC

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you longtom1. I appreciate your help!

One final question which Old8oy sorta touched on....will Priiloader replace or overwrite the current Preloader v.29 that I have installed?

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have damn it and I haven't found the answer...hence the reason for asking. You know what is funny....people who yell at others to use the search function, when it is just as easy to give an answer. Then there are those like longtom1 who will just answer your questions for you instead of being a jerk about it!

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
do i need ios36 patched for priiloader or is there a menu where i can choose which ios to use for the installer?
Because I have a patched ios36 as ios 236,and would like to use this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol