gamer220

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have just installed menu 4.0u and got the preloader working with the hacks. I originally had it on a 2gb SD card but decided today to go out and buy a 4gb SDHC card to take advantage of the new SD card menu. I formated my new SDHC card to FAT 32 and then copied over the contents of my old card. I checked and the homebrew channel worked fine and also can load VC off of the Sd card menu. The only problem I have is with the preloader. It says it cannot find the hacks.ini. I checked the sdhc card to double check the file was on the root of the directory(which it was). I'm just wondering if there is something I am doing wrong. The preloader I have is the one off of the Ultimate system menu 4.0 guide.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
exactly.
preloader does not use any custom ios stuff for card access - i had that too.
smile.gif

gamer220

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would I be able to use a seperate SD card (256mb) just to put the hacks.ini file in so I can install them to the menu and then just swap it out after with the Sdhc card to run everything else. Would this work or do I need to always have that sd card in for those hacks to work?

D

Deleted User

Hacks are copied to the nand once you set them up.

So ya, use the seperate SD Card just for one time. Put the hacks.ini in the root, set the hacks in preloader menu and your done. Use your SDHC card for life.

gamer220

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quick stupid question. To install the hacks do you just go into preloader menu then to system hacks then choose which hack to enable. Is that all you do to install hack to menu.

Another quick question. To add new hacks to the hacks.ini file do I just copy and paste the new hacks into the old hacks.ini file

D

Deleted User

gamer220 said:
Quick stupid question. To install the hacks do you just go into preloader menu then to system hacks then choose which hack to enable. Is that all you do to install hack to menu.

Another quick question. To add new hacks to the hacks.ini file do I just copy and paste the new hacks into the old hacks.ini file

If it's a stupid question, you should've asked in the NOOB THREAD.

Anyway:

1)Yes, just go to system hacks. The hacks will be copied as soon as you go into the system hacks menu.

2)Ya, that, or just replace the old one with the new one. It doesn't matter anymore since Preloader copied the old hacks.ini into the NAND and merges it with the new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.