Preloader - expected offset or value before 'n'

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Gunfreak11, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Gunfreak11
    OP

Member Gunfreak11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I get this message after a .29 install on 4.1u.

It happens at these two areas:
    When booting the system menu using preloader. I get the error, and it loads the health screen, but with a system files corrupted message after A.
    Loading the hacks list - It shows this and exits. I can't manage my hacks at all >_>
    Wii History
    Bought January 3rd, 2008
    Updated via TP
    Updated via Mario Kart...
    Twilight hacked around August
    Preloader + CIOSCORP around december, followed by a downgrade to 3.2u from 3.3v1
    cIOS Rev 11
    Bootmii beta 2 installed as boot2, with a backup.
    IOS 60 w/ sig hash check via DOP IOS
    cIOS Rev 14
    4.1u via Waninkoko's updater
    Corrupt preloader...
    Downgrade to 3.2 w/ ARC
    4.1 via Waninkoko again!
    Where I am right now...

Along this path, Bootmii started to give me an fl_seek error when it previously worked fine. It also overwrote my backup that I hadn't yet backed uped, which now gives me a "This file is for another Wii." No doubt if I were to throw it in a hex viewer, it would be an endless stream of 00's...

Is there a way to fix both problems? Bootmii previously worked, but now it chokes on me, and Preloader isn't being reliable. Would it be better to move onto startpatch?

2. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I had that 'n' error this morning, i just removed the lines about "DSI error" and Blck screen on start up and made sure the formatting of the hacks.ini file was all ok, and that fixed preloader.

3. Gunfreak11
    OP

United States
    Did your wii also have trouble booting the system menu after the health screen? If so, i'll check it out. I hate wasting my time downgrading and updating [​IMG]

4. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Yeah i had system menu corrupt repeatedly.

booting to HBC and Installing preloader again didnt work, so i reinstalled system menu 450 wad (My wii is PAL), redid the hacks ini formatting and simply took out ones i dont care for that might have affected it, and it worked fine.

5. Gunfreak11
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the input! Would Wiixplorer's text editor work? I don't have access to a computer (Hence my slow replies in Wii opera), and im wondering if formatting remains the same.
    Im only asking this because notepad and context show text differently.

6. Wiinie

Newcomer Wiinie Advanced Member

United States
    I had the same problem. Its one the the codes in preloader is bad. Use nandclean and clean only the preloader info. than reinstall preloader and copy and paste only the hacks.ini file from wiibrew. Load that file and all should be fine. there are differnet variations of some hacks and onl the wiibrew ones seem to be correct. You can delete the ones not needed at the bottom.

7. Gunfreak11
    OP

United States
    Where is the preloader info located at?

8. Gunfreak11
    OP

United States
    Forgive the above post, I didn't do my research [​IMG]

Anyways... great news! I got my backup to work again! Im feeling as ballsy as ever now >:) All I had to do was delete the old one. I got WiiXplorer to prevent this problem in the future.

Unfortunately, my time was limited and my time spent obtaining Startpatch (If preloader fails) and Nandclean were in vain D:. I'll post some results tomorrow of how everything goes. I was going to install BootMii beta 3, but with all the problems im hearing about lately, i'll wait for beta 4...