Homebrew Preloader/Crazyintro problem :(

ihaveathumb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I borrowed my little sister's Wii to install USB Loader for her. I installed USB loader just fine. I testest it and it works great. I thought it would be a nice treat for her if I installed preloader and crazyintro so it would play a video for her when she starts her Wii. That is where I ran into a problem. I installed preloader and when I rebooted the Wii, it went straight to preloader. I then installed the crazyintro doll in preloader. I told it to replace the healthscreen and load from file (I'm at work and I don't remember exactly what it's called). I saved all the settings and turned the wii off. But when I turned the wii back on, it went straight to preloader. I tried messing with the settings in preloader, I tried reformatting my sd card (I read somwhere that it would fix the problem), but nothing works. And when I am playing a game on it, If I try to turn it off with the wiimote, it goes straight to the preloader, even tho I put in the settings for it to turn off. So could someone please tell me what I did wrong.

[Little Extra Info] The wii is 3.2U

ihaveathumb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
put autoboot on "file" instead of "preloader"

QUOTE(icpmattj @ Apr 15 2009, 03:51 PM) Or system menu if you want it to load the normal way each time.
I tried both of those and it still goes straight to preloader. Was I supposed to install an IOS or a CIOS with preloader?

ihaveathumb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
are you sure you changed 'autoboot' and not 'return to'
Thats NOT the same
Since I am still at work, I cannot be 100% sure on that, but I am pretty sure. If I can't figure out the problem, I will probably make a video so everyone can see the problem.

Also, I want to thank everyone who has replied! I made this same post on wiinewz this morning and no one has even replied. I am now pretty sure that I am going to make this my new wii site and ditch them!

ihaveathumb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, here is a video of my problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKUg_lVyc_Q
Can someone help me
sad.gif
sad.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
change it to boot to system menu instead of file.

Then save settings turn wii off turn it on again and see if it boots to system menu.

Then go back into preloader and reset it back to boot file first.

Maybe it got messed up when it was saving it or something.

Worth a shot.

ihaveathumb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
change it to boot to system menu instead of file.

Then save settings turn wii off turn it on again and see if it boots to system menu.

Then go back into preloader and reset it back to boot file first.

Maybe it got messed up when it was saving it or something.

Worth a shot.
Did it and it still went straight to preloader

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Something like this happened to me when i was on 3.2 or 3.4 (cant remember which)and was using preloader.

I installed it fine but i could never get the hacks.ini file to work and it always booted straight to preloader instead of system menu on startup like i set it up to do.

Long story short.I used any region changer and reinstalled 3.2 menu to get rid of preloader.I never tried installing it again.

Now though im on 4.0 and using preloader .29 just fine.

Only other thing i could think to do is use any region changer and reinstall the system menu and then try preloader again.

ihaveathumb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solved the problem. It seems at some point the wii got dropped. The top of the faceplate (or w/e it is) was cracked. I noticed it but didn't think anything of it. When I was about to give up I took another look at it. It tirns out that the reset button was stuck down. Once I fixed that everything was fine!

Thank you everyone who tried to help!!!

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
How about do what I've done. Tell preloader to boot from file and have that file usb loader.
It loads in seconds and no need to fumble with channels or HBC as its loaded before the remote even turns on.

My daughter is having problems pointing the remote to the TV so she cant choose channels. This way all she does is push up or down, chooses the game she wants to play and press A.

We dont even see the system menu anymore. No need for it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NakedFaerie said:
How about do what I've done. Tell preloader to boot from file and have that file usb loader.
It loads in seconds and no need to fumble with channels or HBC as its loaded before the remote even turns on.

My daughter is having problems pointing the remote to the TV so she cant choose channels. This way all she does is push up or down, chooses the game she wants to play and press A.

We dont even see the system menu anymore. No need for it.

1. He fixed the problem.
2. We're not all pirates, so we dont all want to use USB Loader
3. Perhaps, now this is probably crazy, he wants to be able to use other homebrew, other channels etc.

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not everyone that uses the usb loader is a pirate, i for one actually own some of the games and its just more convinient to have the all on the hdd rather than having to swap discs all the time so maybe keep your OMGLOLhes a Pir8 comments to yourself"

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DKAngel said:
not everyone that uses the usb loader is a pirate, i for one actually own some of the games and its just more convinient to have the all on the hdd rather than having to swap discs all the time so maybe keep your OMGLOLhes a Pir8 comments to yourself"

SOME of the games? that still makes you a pirate. anyway, i know not everyone is a pirate who uses usb loader, just guess most are judging by any posts i read on this forum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill