OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm lucky I have a nand backup and bootmii installed or I would be screwed. I just wish i had a newer NAND backup.
I was on 4.1, never had any problems with anything on my Wii before hand. I tried to reinstall preloader and boom!! BRICK. I can't stress this enough make a NAND backup as soon as you can!!

My problem is solved but I'm just trying to save someone else.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you get the app from wiibrew.org, it says so itself:

Code:
This homebrew makes permanent changes to your Wii's flash memory (NAND) and should be used with caution.

and...

Code:
SINCE THIS TOOL CHANGES THE WAY THE WII WORKS IN A WAY IT WAS NEVER INTENDED TO, THERE IS A RISK OF BRICKING YOUR CONSOLE.
I'VE DONE EVERYTHING I CAN TO ASSURE THAT NOTHING WILL BRICK. BUT THIS IS STILL NO GUARANTEE!! THE AUTHOR CAN NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE IT MIGHT CAUSE! YOU ACCEPT THAT YOU INSTALL THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK!

....soooooo do not blame the app please, it just make you look stupid hence all people here are using it...!!
wink2.gif

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have 4.1 and preloader. u prob installed .28 making this bricking, YOUR FAULT. in closing RTFM and dont post bullshit because u made a mistake.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This happened to me once, but It was because StartPatch Patches were installed and that's why it happened.

But PreLoader it self doesn't brick Wii's.

MrRochie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grog.gif
Greets Dudes.. I have 4.1 installed and I removed the health screen with Startpatch, I do not have Bootmii or Nand backup Dump installed....( Not really sure how those are done or how they work.) Anyway, has anyone bricked their Wii installing Preloader after removing the Health screen with StartPatch??? Whats the best way to protect myself from a brick now that I have used StartPatch. I'm also installed Rev 14 toooo Thanks
wacko.gif

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh yes... good ole' pre-loader. Naturally it must be pre-loaders fault. I'm sure Crediar was plotting late into the night when he wrote the code. He kept thinking " I want to brick Buckley's Wii but I have to make it look like it is a good app. I know , I will write a good app but I wont make it idiot proof. That way the intelligent people who take time to read to self educate themselves will not brick".

Team Twizers had to wreck the whole plan though by releasing Bootmii. When installed as Boot2 it allows you to restore your NAND.

Personally I installed Pre-loader .29 on my 4.1 Wii with no issues. It is working perfectly with the new hacks.ini for 4.1.

Pre-loader is without a doubt one of the best Apps for the Wii.

MrRochie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grog.gif
Greetings all I tried to install Hackmii .29 and got to the opening screen where the line reads somethng like. If you cannot accept this turn your wii off or reboot or something... anyway my Wii froze at that point. My Wiimote would not do anything just turn the system off. Would anyone know what might be the problem? I am at Waninkoko update 4.1 and Rev14. I would really like to have a brick recovery somehow... Any Ideas?
wtf.gif

MrRochie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grog.gif
Greetings all I tried to install Hackmii .29 and got to the opening screen where the line reads somethng like. If you cannot accept this turn your wii off or reboot or something... anyway my Wii froze at that point. My Wiimote would not do anything just turn the system off. Would anyone know what might be the problem? I am at Waninkoko update 4.1 and Rev14. I would really like to have a brick recovery somehow... Any Ideas?
wtf.gif

MrRochie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrRochie said:
grog.gif
wtf.gif

And yes my wiimote was fully charged.....

Posts merged

grog.gif
How long?? 5- 10 min??

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrRochie said:
grog.gif
wtf.gif

It didn't freeze. The warning screen will not let you do anything for a solid 30-45 seconds, then a message will pop up telling you to press '1' to continue. It looks like it's frozen, but it hasn't. You just have to wait a bit. The point is to actually get you to READ the message on the screen, instead of instantly skipping past it like 90% of users otherwise would.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buckely said:
I'm lucky I have a nand backup and bootmii installed or I would be screwed. I just wish i had a newer NAND backup.
I was on 4.1, never had any problems with anything on my Wii before hand. I tried to reinstall preloader and boom!! BRICK. I can't stress this enough make a NAND backup as soon as you can!!

My problem is solved but I'm just trying to save someone else.

Could be, I suppose. Although I must say, I've installed it on 10 Wiis now, and with every new SysMenu update on each of those, including 4.1 (only 4 since the 4.1 update), and no problems whatsoever yet. I'm thinking you didn't follow the instructions properly, but hey.... anything can happen.

Also, I checked out your link to "The Dig". Nice stop-motion work, man! I'm thoroughly impressed.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I upgraded to 4.1, I thought preloader wasn't working, too. It turns out I needed to use Trucha Bug Restorer to downgrade the IOS. (I upgraded through Nintendo, so it didn't get patched. Duh!)
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Depends on what its needed to power the mobo and graphics card. Did you check the specs on the...