RELEASE PPSSPP Switch Standalone Beta

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by m4xw, Jul 22, 2019.

1. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    How do I change the "hot buttons?" Tired of accidentally pressing the Left analog stick, and activiting the PPSSPP menu.

2. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    It pretty much runs full speed with oc'd cpu to 1.5Mhz (and may be a slight gpu oc) if you want 60 fps in game. But the game sometimes switches from 60 to 30 fps lock back and forth... E.g. freeroam is always 60 fps but some race events switch to 30fps, but i might be mistaken or confused at this point since i never played it until now. And damn,what a game, definately one of the best racing games for psp, any nfs port doesn't stand a chance against it. Anyway you can lock to 30 fps at all times with frameskip thus avoiding overclocking almost completely and it runs just fine!

Also for anyone who's interested in Burnout Legends info, it runs perfectly fine without OC with 30 fps, but for stable 60 fps patch you need 1.5Mhz cpu and a slight GPU OC, but its worth playing Burnout at 60fps, believe me.

I'm also surprised that Chili Con Carnage runs perfectly without any OC and this game is just amazing. Anyone should try it if you like games like Max Payne lmao.

A lot.

It does work for me. Something might be wrong with your rom.

Last edited by bad361, Jul 26, 2019
  3. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    How to add cheats?

4. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Amazing! FFT finally works! The sound is pretty crackly/choppy, and it runs a little slow, but generally a big improvement from the RA core that was previously released. Hopefully future optimizations will get this running smoothly with good sound. It's soo close!

Tactics Ogre runs perfectly!

Is there some way to sharpen the image? It seems very blurry, even in handheld.

Last edited by regnad, Jul 26, 2019
  5. Hiret

Hiret Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2019
    Russia
    Can i play in Silent Hill Shatered memories ans SH Origin without lags and with normal grafic and fps?

6. nmkd

nmkd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2016
    Germany
    You can change that in Settings/Controls/Control Mapping.
    Scroll down and you'll see "menu" being mapped to the left stick press.

7. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    They do run well with OC but both pretty much are unplayable due to a flashlight bug, which messes up the textures and completely slows down Shutterned Dimensions. But you know... Who needs a flashlight in Silent Hill, right, huh? Better immersion without one...

Last edited by bad361, Jul 26, 2019
  8. nmkd

Oct 25, 2016
    Germany
    I've tried... but the chances are near zero that you could get it to work well.

The engine of SHO/SHSM seems to be one of the most complex, and so far I haven't gotten it to work without glitches.

9. m4xw
    OP

m4xw Ancient Deity

pip Developer
    May 25, 2018
    Germany

same link

10. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
  11. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Bleach Heat the Soul 7 freezes on a black screen after loading.

EDIT: Got it running, but it's slower than molasses!

Last edited by NANASHI89, Jul 26, 2019
  12. FanNintendo

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    I just got the Atmosphere running on 3.0.0 press R before entering Album and PPSSPP Standalone or in Retroarch PSP keep crashing but I am starting to like Atmosphere lot than using PegaSwitch! That is baby step :rofl2:

13. rafaelia

rafaelia Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2010
    Is there any way to map right analog to the X O □ ∆ buttons for Ghost in the Shell?

14. m4xw
    OP

m4xw Ancient Deity

pip Developer
    May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Yes, create a game config, go settings -> controls , add a 2nd mapping (else menu will be awkward)

rafaelia likes this.
  15. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Everything looks kind of blurry with default settings.

Is there a way to sharpen things up?

16. nmkd

Oct 25, 2016
    Germany
    Sounds like you're new to 3D emulation huh?

Settings > Rendering Resolution

17. zaden

zaden Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2019
    Poland
    When using the alternative speeds, the emulator does not go past 60 fps. Therefore, if the game is programmed to run at 30 fps, the max alternative speed is 200%. And if the game is running at 60 fps, the max speed is 100%. This happens whatever speed up you set, except for unlimited.

Is this expected?

18. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    I’m playing Tactics Ogre. Everything is blurry. Even the title screen.

19. Daniel_CC

Daniel_CC Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Chile
    Chile
    What about God of War? it is slow :/

20. FanNintendo

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    I ask if I can use Mario Kart 8 title for atmosphere that Mario Kart 8 is 1st release since Switch first came out? 2nd question is this PPSSPP standalone work with firmware 3.0.0 or above 4.0.0 because it said "should now work on all Horizon version" ? With the update 1.7.7 retroarch messed up my ir-jit interpter ppsspp keeps crashing Thanks for read this if u respond with the asnwer. Have good weekend

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted