RELEASE PPSSPP Switch Standalone Beta

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by m4xw, Jul 22, 2019.

1. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    the only game i want to work doesnt, Gran turismo. The menus are sloooow. Thank you for the great work.

2. m4xw
    OP

m4xw Ancient Deity

pip Developer
    May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Try disable slow effects, non buffered rendering

3. uzimakiuchiha

uzimakiuchiha GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    That will do for now. Thank you so much for the help

4. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    It might not be a problem of this port, maybe just PPSSPP in general, but is there a way to prevent/mitigate the stutter that seems to occur when games are loading new assets? It's most obvious in the Tekken 6 player select screen, where moving across each character is delayed, but once you moved through all of them it's instantaneous. Or if you highlight the random option it starts off buffering all the characters and then it's smooth.

Happens in-game too, such as when making contact with a character for the first time or doing certain special moves for the first time. After that though, it's normal.

5. SentaiBrad

SentaiBrad Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    I've been trying many different methods of putting PSP Memstick info in various folders for PPSSPP to grab save data. I have data from a PSP since 2013, and have carried that over for the Vita, and then PPSSPP since its been extremely competent for more than a few years now. I've read the initial post where it says to put these, but its a bit vague. It just says to copy the info to a specific folder. I've tried to keep the MEMSTICK file structure intact, copies the saves folder various folder levels up, and no game will recognize save data.

Has anyone got this to function properly. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

6. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    still very slow, but thank you for the suggestion

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

phantasy star portable 2 looks so nice on my huge tv.

MagnesG likes this.
  7. 98otiss

98otiss irrelevant folfcoon

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    Metaverse
    nice p3p background
    thanks for this wonderful port

8. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    I tested this, and even with a moderate overclock it didn't seem to make any difference.
    Try those, but also try limiting the CPU to 222MHz. Best I can tell from the official PPSSPP forums a few years ago, at that speed it's only trying to emulate 30fps and supposedly runs faster.

Seems to run a little better on mine, but the menus are still horrific.

9. phillyrider807

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2009
    United States
    Does Midnight Club 3 run full speed? Would be the only game i would be interested in.

10. FightingPolygon

FightingPolygon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2016
    United States
    Shrek the Third crashes the emulator, guys :(
    It's the only game I've tried that crashes. I've tried with RetroArch, with this, and with that other PPSSPP standalone release, none of them can handle His Greeniness.
    Justice for our green overlord.

Last edited by FightingPolygon, Jul 24, 2019
  11. doc_haz

doc_haz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2003
    Mexico
    Last edited by doc_haz, Jul 24, 2019
    MacBlaster likes this.
  12. HughNeutron2018

HughNeutron2018 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2018
    United States
    This is wonderful! I'm able to play LittleBigPlanet PSP at 5x internal resolution and texture scale 2x with no lag! (3x texture scale makes it require 2 or more frameskip, making gameplay not as smooth.)

Thank you for all your hard work!

13. guywhatever

guywhatever Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2008
    United States
    I've tried many different settings with Final Fantasy Tactics but there is no way to stop the audio popping and crackle. Is anyone else experiencing these problems with FFT?

zenjiki likes this.
  14. SentaiBrad

SentaiBrad Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    Glancing back at the first post to make sure I wasn't an idiot, it just says where the config goes and where you can copy your RetroArch saves FROM, but doesn't specify where to. I guess its assuming you assume they're with the config?

Well, I was able to get my PSP then PPSSPP save data put in the right location. So, the location is This '\switch\ppsspp\config\ppsspp\PSP' that it is looking at. I was putting the Memstick folder and then the PSP folder '\switch\ppsspp\', first, then I tried '\switch\ppsspp\coinfig\' and was confused. I played a game that created a save at the start and saw where the files went.

TL ; DR
    The PSP folder for saves, DLC and homebrew goes to '\switch\ppsspp\config\ppsspp\'

Broduskii likes this.
  15. klisejo

klisejo Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    CPU overlocking fixes the audio pop, apply the speedhack to the iso, and then it runs pretty much perfect.

16. guywhatever

guywhatever Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2008
    United States
    I OCed my switch and I have the speed hack applied to the game already. I could give it one more shot later, but I don't think I'll come out with any different results. Thanks for the reply.

17. gameplayswitch

gameplayswitch Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2018
    United States
    GAME GLITCH: Juiced has an odd texture overlay. Covering 3/4ths of the screen during a race.

Any way to use screen filters like LCD 3x or make graphics sharper?

18. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    Still Beta ! Wait with your Force MF! Time will comes

19. TerpToke

TerpToke GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2018
    United States
    Ohigho
    Simply amazing stuff! Anyone have luck getting Daxter to run after main menu? Seems to crash as soon as a save is loaded or created(or it's because of the cutscenes right after).

20. ColorBoyKent

ColorBoyKent Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    United States
    what games work good?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted