RELEASE PPSSPP Switch Beta Release

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by m4xw, Apr 8, 2019.

1. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    More info is needed

Is your sd card formatted to Exfat or Fat32? It should be Fat32
    Are you holding R on a installed nsp game on the switch menu to get the full ram?

A clean wipe of Retroarch probably won't change anything unless you've messed up some settings, but that's unlikely.

Last edited Apr 9, 2019
  2. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    How are you launching RetroArch?

3. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    Cursed image

4. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    You could try. Have you tried different games and have the same problem? It could be game specific. Also default config and using fat32 format are recommended

5. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    not accurate list,age of zombies freezes in the middle of the 1st level & atari evolved feels like it's running at 2fps, the list says these 2 games run PERFECT

6. Uncontrol

Uncontrol Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2008
    United States
    Anyone know why I continually get a "The software was closed because an error occurred" message after I attempt to boot Persona 3?

Im booting via iso and I'm booting Retroarch via the title and through the album.

I do have error messages in my Core Information section regarding the flash0 and asset files, but I have included those as the guide stated so I'm at a loss..

Last edited by Uncontrol, Apr 9, 2019
  7. m4xw
    OP

m4xw Ancient Deity

pip Developer
    May 25, 2018
    Germany
    It does not.
    IR JIT != JIT
    "real" JIT is another patreon preview, but it has really limited compat and quite a few ghost bugs.

Fadi5555 and EmulateLife like this.
  8. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Yeah I don't see the point in using a compatibility list for PC/Android when it's not the same for Switch right now. I have a pretty old laptop that's only got 2 gb of ram that plays LittleBigPlanet yet the Switch can't play it right now for example.

9. mathew77

mathew77 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2019
    Norway
    Thanks for the great release!
    My humbe list of my tested and playable games for this core (near 100% fullspeed at 1785 MHz), if anyone interested: I tested them all one by one, manually:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    And, unfortunately, the other list of my games that working veeeryyy slow (i.e. they're simple unplayable):
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by mathew77, Apr 9, 2019
    Ninn, bad361, sorabora and 5 others like this.
  10. satel

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    i agree i have yet to come across a game that runs fine on this core !! first 6 games i tested are a not playable even though the compatibility list says 5 of them run perfect on PPSSPP

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

thanks for the list,how far did you test these games ? Age of zombies freezes for my at the end of the 1st level,i tried a different cso but it's the same !

11. Xecutar

Xecutar Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Canada
    I do not have an nsp file. I am running RetroArch directly from the homebrew area in SXOS. My sdcard is also exfat formatted. I dont wanna switch to fat32 cause then I gotta deal with 3.4GB file limits. I have made 0 changes to the retroarch settings. Maybe there's an nsp file that I should be running instead?

12. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Running it from the Homebrew area is your problem. It will never work. You have to hold R on an installed game or cartridge in the Switch home screen and then launch RetroArch after the HBMenu loads.

Also there are many ways to deal with fat32 file size limits. XCI splitting, USB install for NSPs, etc.

13. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    The first post of the Retroarch Switch thread says this

Using an SD formatted as exFat is NOT officially supported.
    If you are using RetroArch on Switch, FAT32 is the recommended and only way supported officially by the team.
    Any questions related to exFat or file corruption might be ignored.

And you can't get full ram without an nsp installed and holding R that's the only way to get full ram on sxos.

There's no file size limits if you use your usb cord that everyone has and install games through your computer with Aluminum Foil or Goldleaf.

You've got 0% chance of it working as you're doing it right now.

Last edited Apr 9, 2019
    Xecutar likes this.
  14. Xecutar

Xecutar Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Canada
    Thanks for the info everyone

15. NTGamerGod77

NTGamerGod77 Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2016
    United States
    How does Persona 1 and 2 currently run?

16. satel

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    what if using the 1.7.6 nsp forwarder for RetroArch ?

17. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Pretty sure you need a Switch game installed through nsp.

18. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Slighty off topic but anyone got a list of PSP games that were fan translated?

19. Proto-Propski

Proto-Propski Legally Weird!

Apr 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Boulevard of Broken Meme's
    I'm shocked, this is some really great news out of the scene, I've been waiting for this day since Lakka released on the Switch via Linux, I did some tests with one of my favorite titles on the PSP; Hatsune Miku: Project Diva, I'm very surprised to see there aren't many issues aside from performance which is a given. ANYWAY! here's some of the marks I got using Stock vs Max OC

(NOTE: you must disable Bilinear Filtering, before you can play some/all games at Max OC, as it seems there is a small bug that prevents video rendering when that specific option is enabled on that Clock Speed option.)

15-20 FPS - Stock OC (16:9)

25 - 29.7 - Max OC (16:9)

With Max OC, I feel as though it's almost at consistent "playable" speeds, although it still has some performance issues when there are too many notes, or player models in the scene, or they move around to rapidly in the background. Regardless for a first release I really couldn't ask for any better.

20. feral

feral Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2019
    United States
    I’m using the nsp forwarder on sx os 2.6.1 and retroarch and this core are working just fine. Well, as fine as this core runs right now anyway.

satel likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted