NULL

RELEASE PPSSPP Switch Beta Release

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by m4xw, Apr 8, 2019.

1. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    And be on FAT32 - not exfat. Otherwise veeeeeryy likely file system corruption. :)

(Core still crashes often, when "mishandled", savestates are 50mb and more and take ages to write... > whenever there is a crash during a write, and you are on exfat: file system corruption. :) )

Also make sure, you have the PPSSPP assets in the correct folder - also, first post stuff. :)

Last edited by notimp, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Deathscreton

Deathscreton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    1. I'm using Fat32, switched over after the whole corruption thing came to light.
    2. I've checked and rechecked my assets folder. Nothing is wrong there. Also, my core was working for a period before it stopped. So I know i Had everything setup correctly at least once.

3. Mambila2001

Mambila2001 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2015
    France
    I have a "failed to load content" error. Retroarch 1.7.6 loaded from atmosphere redirection so full ram is used. What is the issue ?

EDIT : nvm, it booted fine with scan directory

Last edited by Mambila2001, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Deathscreton

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    Do you have the core loaded first before you loaded the content? I usually get this error message in cases like that.

Mambila2001 likes this.
  5. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde Let us start the game

Mar 6, 2015
    Morocco
    Morocco
    When is the core with Jit will release?

Fadi5555 likes this.
  6. Mambila2001

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2015
    France
    Yeah, that was it. It worked fine once I selected the core

Deathscreton likes this.
  7. Deathscreton

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    there's no release date yet. It's still very much a WIP. If you want to try it yourself, go to m4's patreon, give him a dollar then go to the Discord to join the patreon only channel. It'll be in the pinned messages.

Nice! Have fun m8.

8. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    No eta. Id say 4+ weeks. Or not. Jus feels that way... dont quote me.. ;)

9. Jayammi

Jayammi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2017
    anyone tried kingdom hearts birth by sleep?

10. Deathscreton

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    Compatibility reports state that it works if you full overclock the Switch, 1785 CPU, 480 GPU. Near fullspeed in game.

Jayammi likes this.
  11. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde Let us start the game

Mar 6, 2015
    Morocco
    Morocco
    What should I use?
    That pinned JIT_ppsspp_libretro_libnx.7z or the latest build posted in the patreon channel?

12. Deathscreton

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    I wouldn't use any. the JIT has a WAY smaller compatibility pool than the public release. If you're deadset, the latest builds are posted by m4 himself in the patreon channel, not pinned. Latest is 1:16 I think.

13. Gadsby

Gadsby Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2019
    Turkey
    No worries! thank you for your effort.

14. Mambila2001

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2015
    France
    Thanks ! I'm currently testing the first persona games/ So far P2 has a slow framerate. And P1 is doing wayyyy better !

Oh and also, my switch is overclocked to 1581. It seems to have heated up a bit, nothing unusual while in portable mode

Last edited by Mambila2001, Apr 8, 2019
  15. Deathscreton

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    P3 worked great for me when I could get it to launch. I'm excited to go back and play some of these games. Course I could just boot my Vita or PSP, but hey, Switch is my goto. Lmao

16. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    If you want to use pre-beta test builds.

The pinned build in the patreon supporters channel (JIT_ppsspp_libretro_libnx.7z) is the one to use for now. Builds in the channel are test builds, where stuff sometimes is purposefully broken, or disabled to see where an issue lies.

Also - no support for builds that might change in a day or so - really. So if you are going that route - know what you are doing. :) Or wait a little. :)

Currently - the "best" results on JIT (not yet publically released) are achieved using minimal GPU overclock to 460 MHz (if you read 480 Mhz thats wrong (think typo ;) ) ) - AND CPU overclock to 1500 Mhz.

Thats JIT only - so not what is released here.

GPU OC in IR-Jit (= what is released here), seems to have little impact.
    CPU OC in IR-Jit has some, but usually games either run, or they jugg - with IR-Jit. Might depend on the game.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yes, Persona 2 currently is unplayable on all builds, sadly. :) Needs max CPU OC, and even then isnt full speed. It also doesnt run on JIT yet - maybe in the future, here is hoping. :)

P1 and P3 run fine - even in IR-Jit (= included in the beta build here).

17. Mambila2001

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2015
    France
    Ok using a save state was a really bad idea of mine given the beta state of the core

18. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    Read the first posting.. ;)

Not sure if its in there at the moment, so I'll repeat the info snippet. :)

If you are on FAT32. (Please.)

Savestates work. There is a bug, where they dont finish loading.
    You can circumvent that, by hitting load save state - and then switching into the retroarch menu again immediately, and staying in there until it has finished loading. Then they load.

Beta.

19. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    anyone got to test daxter, 3rd birthday and digimon world yet?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

this is what i do for literally every core. and honestly, i wish retroarch wouldn't force you back into running gameplay while it reads or writes saves at all. just slows down gameplay and the writing process

20. sadboychaz

sadboychaz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2017
    United States
    PPSSPP controls are weird, i try to move analog stick up and it acts as a dpad up and conflicts with movement