[PPOTW] Which nextgen system will have the best year in 2014?

Which nextgen system will have the best year in 2014?

• PS4

Votes: 228 45.0%
  • WiiU

Votes: 253 49.9%
  • Xbone

Votes: 26 5.1%

• Total voters

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that we're talking about total install base, anyone know how the PS4's doing so we can match them up to those 3 and 4 million there?
I'm curious. I haven't seen any actual reports since launch day (not that I've been looking that hard.)
Sony's CES keynote is later tonight so they might reveal their numbers.

Reactions: Maxternal

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you shitting me? The wii u had ALMOST A YEAR AND A HALF to get to 4 million and the Xbox One has almost hit that in less then 2 months.
This is literally the tortoise and the hare.
The wii u is the rabbit, and had a huge head start, then was like "Nah I got this I'm just gonna sit on my ass for awhile and do nothing to appease my fans that think I'm gonna win"
And the Xbox One is the tortoise all like
"Surprise Bitch, Bet you thought you'd seen the last of me."
So? Gahars is right: I can't wait to see the sales figures for these two consoles next year or even this October. Despite the surge in Xbone's sales at its launch, it has still not sold as many consoles as the Wii U. Please remember: the PS3 and U sold shit in their launches. but they're both faring okay: not too bad, but not too good either. And launch figures are important to you guys. It's almost like "well, the Wii U sold 400,000 copies at launch, so there's no way I'm buying it." Moronic.
Both the PS4 and the XBox One sold their first million systems in 24-or-so hours and are catching up to the Wii U's lifetime sales within 3 months - anyone seriously believing that "the Wii U is still winning!" needs a reality check because this will change within a month, if not a couple weeks.
Did anyone complain about how many DS Lites were sold at launch? How about the PSVita? How about even the PS3? Lifetime sales are important; scream all you like about how the Xbone sold more copies at launch than the Wii U. And right now in this lifetime, the U is winning. And when Nintendo releases some more games, more consoles will probably be sold. (I hate having to speculate like this; I might as well say the same thing about the Xbone and PS4.)
The Xbox One sold nearly as many consoles as the Wii U sold in a year in like a month.

You can't just say "B-but there's more Wii U's!" when that fact is beating you over the head with a wet flounder.

"B-but there are more Wii U's!" Seven thousand, in fact. The life span of the Xbone has been two months. The life span of the Wii U has been a year. The Wii U has outsold the Xbone in their lifetimes. Get it? Now there's no excuse for launch figures: they're only important for determining overall sales of a console. The Xbone could go something like this 3 million + 1.5 million. Or, how many Xbones do you think will be sold in a year and a half?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that we're talking about total install base, anyone know how the PS4's doing so we can match them up to those 3 and 4 million there?
I'm curious. I haven't seen any actual reports since launch day (not that I've been looking that hard.)
4.2 million sold through December 28th if you're still interested.

Reactions: Maxternal

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.2 million if you're still interested.

Yeah, and that's actually sold not shipped or bought by retailers. The thing isn't even out in Japan yet.

A couple of years ago I counted Sony out but they got the PS3 well back on track. Obviously they lose on each PS4 so they need to get some interesting games that are good, I had a play on Knack and a few others recently and "meh" but then it took the PS3 a while to get something worthy.

Reactions: GameWinner

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think this years winner will be the PS4 as the WiiU had last year and it did nothing with it now nobody wants the WiiU as its not next gen its last year.
The xbone is just crap and M$ keep doing stupid crap to it so it was deemed to fail from the start. The only people getting a xboned are fanboys. I have 4 Xbox360's but I also have 3 PS3s and a Wii and a WiiU so I'm no fanboy at all but the xboned is never going to win the next gen console war. I think it will come last and the WiiU will see a rise but nothing like enough to catch up to the PS4. $ony will have to release a real dud PS4 slim to let the WiiU win. Well, as the PS4 is so extremely limited compared to what the PS3 can do I think the PS4 slim will be a total piece of crap so everyone better get a PS4 before the slim comes out and ruins it for everyone.

I did vote for WiiU as I think, well I hope it makes a come back and starts to sell better. Maybe a link like WiiU and 3DS so its equal to PS4 and Vita? Maybe finally let other countries have the WiiTV so its not a useless option for us who dont live in US or EU? Maybe give it features other consoles already have or even features they dont have. At least the WiiU has backwards compatibility so thats a huge tick for it. Let everyone know that as its not well noted. Only the WiiU can play older games the PS4 and xboned cant. Already the WiiU has thousands of games it can play where the other consoles have a handful of playable games.
AND a huge selling point, the WiiU can play backups. Ok, its only Wii backups but its better than the other 2 consoles. I only got a WiiU because it could play backups. if it couldn't I wouldn't have brought it.

So yea, the WiiU has a lot more potential than the other 2 consoles and its actually better but if its graphics your looking for then the WiiU is last gen quality but its still good. I got one and liking it. Just wait for this years games to come out. I'm waiting for Watch Dogs. :)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Voted PS4. Part for the reason I own one, part for the reason Nintendo still has so few games that really appeal to me on the WiiU (3DS is another matter, thinking of buying a 3DS XL this year for my girlfriend). If I received an offer like the 99€ Wii for the WiiU, I could consider buying it. The Wii had enough value for 99€ to warrant a purchase for me. Without the deal I wouldn't have bought one, since very many of my friends had one at the time.

My laptop will be hammered with older games thanks to GoG.com, the PS3/PS2 is hammered by my backlog (PS+ doesn't help the backlog either) and some of the best console games will be released on the PS4. Depending on how PS Now will be implemented, the Playstation consoles could be even better this year

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp