[PPOTW] Which nextgen system will have the best year in 2014?

Which nextgen system will have the best year in 2014?

• PS4

Votes: 228 45.0%
  • WiiU

Votes: 253 49.9%
  • Xbone

Votes: 26 5.1%

• Total voters
D

Dork

>sonybronies upset and start making smug remarks
>nintendogs getting rabid
>whole thread is a big passive-aggressive console war

UE5fk9N.jpg

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It'll dominate the world mark my words, just like the 3DO.
Now now.

3DO may be the strongest console at its time, but it tried to profit from system rather than game. Extremely high price tag of the system is what stopped people from buying it. No sold system = no profit.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now now.

3DO may be the strongest console at its time, but it tried to profit from system rather than game. Extremely high price tag of the system is what stopped people from buying it. No sold system = no profit.

That and crappily conceived and rushed out. It was a nice idea albeit very naive. Still better than Philips, Atari and Commodore's efforts at the time and at least it had some very good games, I remember some of EA's best was on it first and I loved the version of Road Rash.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Well, THIS year I'll have to vote for the Wii U JUST because it's the first year (aka no gaemz ... yet) for the other two so having a year's head start THIS year Wii U will obviously have a slightly better chance at a good year.
HOWEVER
NEXT year will entirely depend on how well this year plays out. In the off chance that Wii U actually ends this year with a higher install base than the other two, THEY might end up with those under powered ports that were originally designed for Wii U (although, PSXBox4 ... especially XB1 ... will still have those easy ports from PC so I'm not putting any money on that small off chance, either)

Admitting to being a bit of a Nintendo fanboy myself, though, I'd have to add that PS4 is definitely my next choice (and the poll results seem to confirm that)

Reactions: calmwaters

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the fuck is the Wii U winning this poll?

And why is the Xbone so low?

Honestly GBAtemp, honestly.

Consider this: I, as a hardcore Nintendo fan, voted for the PS4. This will explain why the votes for that and the Wii U are so close together. But people (including myself) still have faith that Nintendo can come out of their hole and kick ass once again; this is why the U is still winning.

I-I've heard of some stupid questions before, but this one takes the cake. I remember Microsoft's pitch for the Xbone: "TV, Call of Duty, Kinect." Considering their popularity, I would go for... none of them. I don't think much has changed for the Xbone, considering they're charging people for the online services at an unreasonable rate.
If only all the Nintendrones who oh-so-viciously support the Wii U online actually bought one perhaps it wouldn't be doing so poorly now. ;O;
Edit: Suppose when I fill out my job application, I should list one of the reasons for hiring me is "I need to buy a Wii U to shut the people who say the U isn't selling up and also provide profit for Nintendo." Face it: the people who have Xbones have parents who get them. The people who buy Nintendos do it with their own money. And I have seen hundreds of posts on this dedicated Nintendo fanboy website where people say they need a job: in fact, people on this site are generally poor. You are considered rich if you have more than a hundred and fifty dollars, which by coincidence is half of the amount you need to get a Wii U. Need I go on?

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consider this: I, as a hardcore Nintendo fan, voted for the PS4. This will explain why the votes for that and the Wii U are so close together. But people (including myself) still have faith that Nintendo can come out of their hole and kick ass once again; this is why the U is still winning.
The delusion.
Xbox One is already at 3 million sales and we'll probably find out how much PS4 sold later tonight.
It won't be "winning" for long.

Reactions: chavosaur

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I-I've heard of some stupid questions before, but this one takes the cake. I remember Microsoft's pitch for the Xbone: "TV, Call of Duty, Kinect." Considering their popularity, I would go for... none of them.

2. I don't think much has changed for the Xbone, considering they're charging people for the online services at an unreasonable rate.

3. Face it: the people who have Xbones have parents who get them.

1. A 3 million user install Base says otherwise http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-one-january-thank-you

2. Sony is Charging For Online now Too, $10 cheaper (granted though it has the glories of PS+ so I understand your reasoning, but there is a charge now so it's not just Xbox)
And again, 3 million User Installbase in less then 2 months and Climbing still.

3. I bought my Xbox One myself, as did a lot of my friends :|

It's funny that you complain about generalizations and then make generalizations about other consoles.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The delusion.
Xbox One is already at 3 million sales and we'll probably find out how much PS4 sold later tonight.
It won't be "winning" for long.

Xbox One is at 3 million; Wii U is at 4 million. That means 6000 consoles vs. 13000. I think the Wii U is winning. It is important to look at all sales figures at determining who's leading the sales. The Xbone kicked the U's ass at launch, but they still haven't sold more consoles than Nintendo. It doesn't matter how long the console has lived; what matters is how the console is living. But how long will it last? Who knows: the business world is unstable flexible.
1. A 3 million user install Base says otherwise http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-one-january-thank-you

2. Sony is Charging For Online now Too, $10 cheaper (granted though it has the glories of PS+ so I understand your reasoning, but there is a charge now so it's not just Xbox)
And again, 3 million User Installbase in less then 2 months and Climbing still.

3. I bought my Xbox One myself, as did a lot of my friends :|

It's funny that you complain about generalizations and then make generalizations about other consoles.

The majority of people who have Xbones are the kids of parents who are compelled to get them so as not to be ostracized by their society. Can you imagine being friendless because you don't have an Xbox? Oh the horror of it all... I'm not generalizing: the Wii was a family console; the U carries most of those same traits. The Xbox 360 was a staple to 14/15s lives; the Xbone will be the same. The Playstation series are for the people in the middle.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox One is at 3 million; Wii U is at 4 million. That means 6000 consoles vs. 13000. I think the Wii U is winning. It is important to look at all sales figures at determining who's leading the sales. The Xbone kicked the U's ass at launch, but they still haven't sold more consoles than Nintendo. It doesn't matter how long the console has lived; what matters is how the console is living. But how long will it last? Who knows: the business world is unstable flexible.

The Xbox One sold nearly as many consoles as the Wii U sold in a year in like a month.

You can't just say "B-but there's more Wii U's!" when that fact is beating you over the head with a wet flounder.

Reactions: Foxi4

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sold 3 million in almost 3 months.
It took the Wii U a year to reach 4 million.
Hmmm....

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you shitting me? The wii u had ALMOST A YEAR AND A HALF to get to 4 million and the Xbox One has almost hit that in less then 2 months.
This is literally the tortoise and the hare.
The wii u is the rabbit, and had a huge head start, then was like "Nah I got this I'm just gonna sit on my ass for awhile and do nothing to appease my fans that think I'm gonna win"
And the Xbox One is the tortoise all like
"Surprise Bitch, Bet you thought you'd seen the last of me."

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Both the PS4 and the XBox One sold their first million systems in 24-or-so hours and are catching up to the Wii U's lifetime sales within 3 months - anyone seriously believing that "the Wii U is still winning!" needs a reality check because this will change within a month, if not a couple weeks.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Whoa, slow down there. The Olympics don't start until next month; there's no need to break out the mental gymnastics this early.

Reactions: calmwaters

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself