Hacking Powertag stopped working after continuous use.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,943
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
I've been using the powersaves powertag for a few days now to get items in Zelda BoTW for Switch. I've been using the serial number cheat in the powersaves for amiibo software repeatedly. The last time I used the powertag, I placed it onto the portal, the portal recognized it, used the cheat, it said that it was successful, then placed the powertag onto the pro controller. The Switch recognized it and I was given the items. After that, I placed the powertag onto the portal again, nothing happened, the portal's blue light didn't turn on and the software didn't show that an amiibo was placed on it. I then tried scanning the powertag into the switch with the pro controller then again with the right joycon, still no response. The switch acted as if I didn't put an amiibo on it. Please help.

Last edited by ,

Frysenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's possible that it burnt out. The power tags can only be written to so many times, generally between 50-100 writes. It's a known issue, the only thing you can do is buy more tags.

D

Deleted User

OP
It's possible that it burnt out. The power tags can only be written to so many times, generally between 50-100 writes. It's a known issue, the only thing you can do is buy more tags.

Wtf that's BS. Do you know if regular NTAG215 cards will be recognized as powertags? (if yes, will they burn out?) It's cheaper to get them then the powertags.

Reactions: HotShotAzn

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wtf that's BS. Do you know if regular NTAG215 cards will be recognized as powertags? (if yes, will they burn out?) It's cheaper to get them then the powertags.
No, when I released my Powertag method I tried to use NTAG215's in place of the Powertag. No dice.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
you'd have been better off just writing to ntags, they should last just as long as amiibo, obviously for things like zelda you cant just spam loads with seriasl (unless you buy loads of them and make a bunch of copies) but its better than overpriced hardware with limited write cycles.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can get a pack of 10 powertags for like £25. It's more expensive than NTAG215s, but those can't have a new Amiibo written over them, so I'd say it's worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free