Powersaves Plus and Amiibo / Powertags

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by SMPGaming, Jul 8, 2017.

1. SMPGaming
    OP

SMPGaming Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Recently, I purchased a Powersaves Plus as well as some Powertags, expecting it to allow me to turn those Powertags into Amiibo that I don't own. I set up the device correctly and placed a Powertag onto the device, but there was nothing in the backup / restore menu. Nor did there appear to be anything anywhere else.

I'd heard that you could download .bin files that could then be restored onto a Powertag. I tried putting them on the MicroSD card that came with the Powersaves Plus, in every folder on there, but to no avail. I've even tried using the Powersaves for Amiibo software, which I managed to get to work briefly, but since removing and reinserting the device, no longer works with my Powersaves Plus (even after reinstalling the software).

So how can I make custom amiibo? I'd especially like to get the Legend Of Zelda Breath of the Wild ones, without having to buy them physically of course.

2. river58

river58 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    I think you'd need the powersaves for amiibo device (the one that comes with a power tag) I got one at gamestop for $30, those let you restore onto power tags with the software.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

3. SMPGaming
    OP

SMPGaming Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Considering I've just forked out £30 for the Powersaves Plus, I'm not thrilled at the idea of purchasing another device..

4. TheRobLP

TheRobLP Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2017
    Austria
    The (not) funny thing. It says “works with powertag“ on the official website uk.codejunkies.com . So if that is not an bug what you (and me) going trough right now it would be scam

5. Serafiniert

Serafiniert Newbie

Newcomer
    Monday
    Germany
    For anybody still having the same problem as OP (or myself), I've written the customer support and received this answer:
    Meaning: There is no such functionality implemented. (Even though it would easily be possible.) You only can backup an PowerTag Amiibo you already created beforehand.
    So if you want to save downloaded Amiibos onto a blank PowerTag you shouldn't buy the PowerSaves Plus (or the PowerSaves Pro, since it has no Amiibo functionality whatsoever.)
    Instead go for the PowerSaves for AMIIBO. Maybe they will update the PowerSaves Plus soft-, hard- or firmware to be the device we wanted in the first place.

Last edited by Serafiniert, Sep 19, 2017 at 11:39 AM