Hardware Powering LEDs on a Wii

VGMStudios

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really hope this is the right section for this as I am looking for some insite and help.

I am currently modding a Wii. NOT mod-chip. Actual mod with LEDs and such. Something like the Metroid Wii.
I am adding a lot of smd leds and 2 3mm LEDS.
the thing is, I have done this before but I simply can not remember WHERE I soldered the points to.

I need 12v of power. I want it so when you power up the Wii the lights turn on. When it is powered down the lights turn off.

I have tried soldering to point R41. Tho it works, it over powers the main green led thus I can not use it cause it blew it once. Is there other points where I can achieve this? anything less then 12v is not going to work.

thanks

VGM out...

VGMStudios

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could someone please help me with this?
or give any kind of info.

I have asked help on 3 different forums. No one has helped me.
is it the way I am asking? or does no one ever mod their Wii?

VGM out...

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Very few people modify their Wiis in any way other than installing a modchip or putting it in a special prefab case...the ones that do are more likely to do stuff like working with the plastic to create a design or replacing the blue leds with different coloured ones. This forum (like most) tends to focus more on stuff like backups and some homebrew. Sorry dude.

VGMStudios

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ahh ok thanks.. well that just sucks.

so the mod of consoles is a lost art.
frown.gif

VGM out...

VGMStudios

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Det1re said:
Nice. Did you use the power from the fan — or did you solder directly to the motherboard?

thanks.
i used neither. I used a device from sickmods.

Oh and do NOT draw power from the fan, you will kill your Wii

VGM out...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...