Hardware Powering down

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else find it weirf that you cant power the switch off via the OS (tv mode or with joycons)
You can only power it off by hitting the power button and then power opition and turn off.

So it seems to work like a tablet. I wonder how often will you have to fully power off the system

NoThisIsStupider

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, if you have a USB-C to USB-A for charging from a non-USB-C battery, full power off is required for it to go up. Of course, it stays on a percent longer with the battery being used, but it still goes down.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else find it weirf that you cant power the switch off via the OS (tv mode or with joycons)
You can only power it off by hitting the power button and then power opition and turn off.

So it seems to work like a tablet. I wonder how often will you have to fully power off the system
how is this any different from wii, gcn, DS series, gb series, n64, nes, or snes? :rofl2:

but its supposed to be a hybrid, something you can take with you, my point being that its supposed to be asleep rather then off.

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i dont mind a physical power button, but it seems the system is suppose to be sleep all the time vs being turn off.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah it's kind of bad that you can't power off the Switch remotely. Nintendo wants the Switch to be connected online as much as possible. The only time they want you to power off the Switch is when you insert or remove a microSD card.

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, yes you can. Hold the home button, from there you can turn the Switch off through power options.
EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a dumb

Last edited by wuboy,

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont have mine yet due to it being a pain to find but would it be something you turn off at night or no?
Nah it auto sleeps after x amount of time if dont press any buttons.
And u can put it to sleep with the joycons.

But to power it fully off you gotta hold the power button and click power off

Reactions: McWhiters9511

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-