Country
United States
POWDER 110
Multiplatform Roguelike Game
powder_header.jpg

powder110img.png
powder100.PNG

Click for a larger image

Jeff Lait has released a new update for his multiplatform roguelike game, POWDER 109.
POWDER is available for the Nintendo DS and the GameBoy Advance, among other platforms.

The changelog in the update is quite large; the changelog is available below in the spoiler box.

Two useful UI improvements. Spell icons now grey out if you are unable to cast them. Inventory slots are recoloured depending on the known curse status of the items. This should reduce the note taking required to start playing an old character again.

Most other changes are devoted to cleaning things up, to finally support the 4.3 gcc compiler and to fix up the broken source of 109.

You may be interested in reading my book, Menoetius.

* A 65535 enum added for TILE_NAMES to placate the gcc 4.3 compiler. (Malte Helmert, Joe B, Magnate)
* >string.h< is the correct header. (Joe B)
* Clean scripts improved to clean more stuff so I don't release with a broken support directory again. (Joe B)
* Executable bit removed from CREDITS.TXT and LICENCE.TXT. (Malte Helmert)
* Animated Trees no longer randomly generated in the dungeon, they are meant to only exist as a result of summons. (Kayvon, Gwazi01)
* If Baezlb'b's heart grants life save, he will no longer have his life saved, and, more importantly, the heart will no longer be destroyed. (Stefan O'Rear)
* When you convert a flesh golem into a stone golem it will no longer report both names. (Lim-Dul)
* "You stop over concerns of your safety." now has an r in concerns. (eilu)
* Spells you don't know now show up greyscale in the action bar. Similarly, if you can't cast it due to not enough mana, it is greyed out proportionaly to how much mana is needed.
* Inventory background is coloured according to your knowledge of the item, making it easier to separate out cursed/holy/regular. This also distinguishes between items you have tried on (so you know they are not cursed) vs ones you haven't tried. (Irashtar)
* You can mark items as favorite. This causes them to get a yellow background in the inventory and always be sorted first. (Pikadude No. 1)
* Weapons have the e in them when you forget the dual wield skill. (Joe B)
* Text for animate forest spell and creature tweaked to better align with the normal English speaker's concept of grammar.
* Did I mention I finished a book, Menoetius? I did? Well, I'll just bury a reference in this wall of text anyways.
* The buildall.sh script for Linux has been updated to try and make it more ebuild compatible thanks to work by Zasenko Sergey. I may have misread his patch, however, so problems in this version are likely my fault.
download.gif
Download (NDS version)
download.gif
Download (GBA version)
icon11.gif
POWDER Website
discuss.png
Discuss

Thanks to FireEmblemGuy for the news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly