Potential continuation of 90s xmen cartoon.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the flaming pit that is Disney tried to claw some relevance back with some investor talks.

Bunch of logos of popular things they are looking into making seems to be the order of the day. One of those was 90s xmen and several of the surviving voice actors are apparently onboard as well, 2023 release date.

Now if I know anything about xmen it is because of this cartoon and it is the reference I have for them over anything else. Don't know if I like that or 90s batman/batman TAS more but it is going to be close.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/x-men-97-1990s-marvel-162500139.html
Returning cast members include: Cal Dodd, Lenore Zann, George Buza, Adrian Hough, Christopher Britton, Catherine Disher, Chris Potter, Alison Sealy-Smith, Alyson Court.

“X-Men ‘97” is also welcoming a number of new voices to the cast, including Jennifer Hale, Anniwaa Buachie, Ray Chase, Matthew Waterson, JP Karliak, Holly Chou, Jeff Bennett, AJ LoCascio.

Head writer and executive producer on the series is Beau DeMayo. Supervising director is Jake Castorena and supervising producer is Charley Feldman.

Consulting on the new series are “X-Men: The Animated Series” writers Eric and Julia Lewald, and director Larry Houston.

Cal Dodd = Wolverine, Lenore Zann = Rogue, George Buza = Beast, Adrian Hough = Nightcrawler , Christopher Britton = Mister Sinister, Catherine Disher = Jean Grey, Chris Potter = Gambit for the earlier parts/most of the series, Alison Sealy-Smith = later Storm, Alyson Court = Jubilee.

Norm Spencer (Cylops) died last year. Cedric Smith (Professor X) is in his 70s but apparently still doing, no idea if they will get him back though.

Head writer/executive producer
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3141961/
Biggest claim to fame thus far is netflix's witcher adaptation and CW's (oh dear?) The Originals that ran from 2013 to 2018 with him involved in the later parts of it. Never heard of the latter myself so have to imagine it was mostly not the usual modern CW trainwreck.
Supervising director
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4267562/
Fair bit of 2010s superhero cartoons albeit DC side of things, storyboard for a lot more.
Supervising producer
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4871026/
Less of an illustrious career thus far. 2020's "The Owl House" being among the more notable, though does come to us from 2013-2014 vintage honest trailers.

Consulting means nothing until we know -- Avatar the Last Airbender peeps were consulted on the live action film and by more accounts they were kept out.

Any thoughts? Is this going to be nostalgia mining, is Disney's attempt to shoot themselves in the foot at every available opportunity going to mean this is awful, is it going to be mediocre, are we going to get another Kevin Smith He Man style bait and switch?

On a related note then while the various films might be dubious at times, the modern cartoons even more so then I will say if you can find Wolverine and the X-Men then that is not bad at all. Was sort of staggered out across multiple countries (think the entire thing dropped in South America a year before elsewhere, and even then the US was last to the party) but I was waiting week on week for it which rarely happens.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My! @FAST6191 acknowledging the 90s XMEN as something of good quality? 😯

Yeah, can confirm, used to watch this before going to kindergarten.

But I liked way more the other one from the late 90s.

Adding to the discussion, I'm fearing too much cancel culture and political correctness on Disney's shows. But... What If? gives me hopes for something not too censored.
Have you guys seen the new Animaniacs show? 🤮

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have beef with many modern writers for being more political than original. And if they are not political, then they are lazy and often do the whole "off the shelf, pander to the masses" approach to things. That said, EARLY 90's air brushed Batman, that's what we're missing!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1